- Business Development
- United States - Arizona Remote
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
This position would require the candidate to be located within close proximity to the Phoenix AZ area.
About the Role:
Increase awareness and consideration of Dyson Professional products with B2B organizations to create a pipeline of opportunities to support sales objectives being met. The successful candidate will target key personnel within a wide range of firms creating awareness, education and advocacy. Ultimately gaining acceptance of Dyson Airblade and environmental control products to successfully generate and win sales opportunities to contribute to the Dyson’s business objectives.
Generate market demand in designated territory for Dyson Professional technology by working as effectively and efficiently to meet and exceed business targets. This includes:
- Evaluate public visibility of installed Dyson products in the market.
- Create and implement strategies to increase public visibility of Dyson products.
- Meet, train and demonstrate our products to architects, specifiers and designers in targeted firms.
- Assess local tradeshow opportunities and collaborate with marketing and the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) to maximize ROI of attending.
- Introduce Dyson technology to potential new business customers.
- Introduce Dyson technology to potential influencers, especially architects and distributors
- Respond quickly to any inquiries about product such as, but not limited to, quotes, technical specs, sales, distribution and reseller inquiries, and trade shows.
- Achievement of sales targets in terms of volume, gross margin, product/category mix and contribution from the mass business market.
- Deliver effective sales meetings and presentations to a wide range of businesses and institutions through pre-booked and ad-hoc meetings.
- Maximize client facing time through effective calendar management of both proactive and reactive sales opportunities.
Drive sales in designated territory to exceed targets
- Build and maintain relationships with buyers, influencers, and distributors.
- Prospect, develop, and manage new business opportunities.
- Build pipeline of business large enough to drive sales targets.
- Negotiate and close orders within set parameters (pricing, terms and conditions, etc.).
- Expand customers from one-time, one-product purchasers to established, repeat business across the Dyson Professional portfolio of products.
- Manage customer satisfaction with excellent account management.
- Deliver on financial commitments.
- Maintain CRM hygiene by recording all sales and service related activity and maintaining an accurate pipeline.
Develop and manage channel partners in designated territory, including National Distribution partners
- Assess strengths and weaknesses in local and regional distributors and implement strategies for success.
- Visit customer, specifications, and distributor outlets as part of planned visiting program based on KPI’s set by General Manager.
- Obtain and deliver one or more CEU courses monthly.
- Follow up and progress meetings utilizing Salesforce.com.
- Develop and progress a pipeline to deliver ongoing sales results.
- Actively work with existing and potential distributors to extend Dyson’s sales reach, by arranging joint visits with local distributors to their top clients.
- Arrange and deliver product demonstration sessions at distributor locations in order for their customers to experience Airblade first hand.
- Manage potential and actual channel conflict.
Supporting internal job requirements
- Accurately report on market conditions and forecasts as required on weekly and monthly basis.
- Provide succinct and timely feedback on specific accounts and overall territory performance to allow both strategic and tactical responses.
- Maintain up-to-date industry-level knowledge including but not limited to: air purification technologies, local and national sustainability initiatives, applicable hygiene-related topics, local building code updates, and competitor information.
- Actively participate with regional and national teams to actively discuss and share successful sales strategies as required to build a better team.
- Embrace your inner leader by taking initiative to find new ways to succeed and help others to succeed.
- Openly communicate with team.
- Collaborate with core Dyson functions (marketing, logistics, legal, finance, etc.) to deliver on business objectives.
- Bachelor Degree required or equivalent experience
- 5 years’ experience in a sales role
- B2B experience strongly preferred
- Account Management experience required
- Proven success in sales prospecting, account management, and negotiation
- Experience selling sustainable or other building products to owners, contractors, or architects preferred
- Experience with cold calling, client presentations, and closing business
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold it’s integrity
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM software.
- Strong understanding of accounting, financial, and business transactions
- Self starter who is comfortable developing sales and activity plans from inception through to completion.
- Ability to develop and build strong relationships with partner companies, such as specification, distribution and construction firms.
- A tenacious individual who is happy initiating new relationships, opening doors of large, complex organizations alongside smaller independent businesses
- An innovative thinker who enjoys learning and solving problems
- Enthusiastic, assertive, driven, dynamic and flexible
- Good understanding of B2B commercial business and strategies – especially regarding complex capital sales
- Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans
- Understanding of basic channel conflict management
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.