- AED competitive
- Sales Account Management
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Dyson is a global technology enterprise with a unique philosophy - to solve problems that others ignore. It transforms every category it enters with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different.
Three years ago 80% of Dyson’s business was full-sized vacuum cleaners. Today, its digital motor powered cordless vacuums, robots, Airblade hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers and heaters are powering its growth in 75 countries around the world. 2015 saw the addition of Jake Dyson Light to the portfolio, and in April 2016 Dyson took its biggest leap yet, revolutionizing the world of health and personal care with the launch of the Dyson Supersonic™ Hairdryer.Dyson is rapidly expanding; in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next four years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. By 2020, there will be 100 new machines, 4 new product portfolios and Dyson’s headcount will have doubled. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organize itself and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect.
Dyson’s culture is unique; dynamic, inventive, technology-obsessed and decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared to constant change and Dyson’s pace brings constant challenge. It’s not easy or comfortable, but it’s this way of working that drives performance. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up. “Good enough” isn’t good enough. Experiences are more important than experience. And attitude counts as much as aptitude.
Dyson has set a regional office for Middle East and Africa in Dubai, UAE. The Dubai office provides the vision and strategy for Dyson’s business in MEA, covering key markets such as UAE, Saudi Arabia, and growth/new markets such as South Africa. The Dyson MEA team is a dynamic and ambitious team that challenges convention every single day and pushes boundaries to help grow the Dyson business in MEA and help the markets that fall under its remit reach its full potential. The Dyson MEA business grew six-fold since 2016 and we have even bigger ambitions to develop the business further and plans to enter new markets within MEA. Our MEA reputation is priceless and it always hangs on what we do next. The business will scale rapidly over the next 5 years and we are building the team who will grow this business. This is an exciting time to join Dyson.
Dyson is a unique technology enterprise. We pioneer. Our biggest category today didn’t even exist a few years ago. Dyson is different. Our culture is unique. It's not for everyone, but if you thrive on challenge and are excited by change then it could be for you.
About the roleThe role will be located in Dubai and is limited to 12 months.
- To grow the new emerging African markets of MEA in sales and profit.
- To develop and position the Dyson brand across these markets as a differentiated, technology led Brand
- To grow market share, sales and profits sustainably, across channels
- To leverage full retail potential for all product categories. Manage all sales aspects of Dyson’s relations with Distributors
- To lead each distributor in finalizing legal contracts, commercial terms and negotiation, forecasting, execution plan and training teams to drive sales performance in all channels and all markets.
- To work cross functionally with internal Dyson teams and join the monthly call with EMEA sales team to align on best practice and strategy.
Deliver sales results and profitability
- Elaborate the distributor forecast in detail of sell in by week and by store with activity plan.
- Drive effective channel strategy execution and range implementation with distributors to maximise and optimise Dyson profitably in line with market goals.
- Work with the MEA Marketing, Retail, Online and Finance Teams to execute integrated Masterplan for the emerging markets
- Responsible for delivering monthly sales volumes and profitability.
- Train and upskill the capability of the sales and demonstrator team to increase effectiveness and rate of sale per store – driving best practise across the region.
- Drive distributor sales planning processes to increase forecasting accuracy and ensure monthly delivery of results
Distributor Partnership and engagement in new markets
- Assess current distributor network and/or scope new partners
- Execute playbook of geographical expansion in all phases
- Lead complex negotiations with distributors around commercial terms.
- Manage multi-channel P&L
- Develop Category Management plan by channel for each distributor.
- Lead top to top meeting and quarterly business review
- Track monthly internal and external profitability with finance (distributor P&L vs Dyson P&L)
Dyson brand Awareness and communication plan
- Develop the brand building investment plan together with Marketing and Comms team
- Analyze the consumer insights and market data to take in considerations consumer behaviour in building the plan
- Forecast market share and market value
- Define target for category and household penetration to be reached in 5yr.
- Drive the conversation around Dyson plan with distributors and local stakeholders to be integrated within their plan.
Line Management of the Sales team in the distributor
- Manage and develop the distributors sales team to ensure capacity and capability to deliver Dyson’s ambition
- Lead the controlled retail with 3rd party by defining demonstrators kpi’s for performance and measure weekly
- Ensure contract and legal agreement are in place and compliant to internal legal guidelines
- Ensure compliance with competition and bribery guidelines
Fulfill other duties as required
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- 3-5 years of sales experience preferably with distributors and 3rd party retailers.
- Past work experience with full accountability to sales forecast and negotiation
- Have a track record in working on a complex project with multiple stakeholders and stretching goals
- Track record of leading a key account with high performance objectives
- Experience in managing a small team and/or training
- Excellent organisational and planning ability
- Strong Project management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Presentation skills – able to communicate confidently at all level of the organization and with external senior stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Fluent in English and ideally fluent in Arabic
- Team player leading by example
- Adaptable/flexible – able to multi task
- Strong communicator
- Willingness to travel in the market
- Strong motivation
- Passionate about our technology
BenefitsDyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries. Beyond that, you will be invited to join the company bonus scheme, get 26 days annual leave. You will also be eligible for flight encashment to your home country upon completing one year of employment at Dyson. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.