- Competitive + Super + Bonus
- Field Sales
- Sydney - Australia
About the roleOur Professional team epitomizes the entrepreneurial spirit that has defined Dyson since day one: ambitious, commercially savvy, and strategically agile. We work with some of the world’s biggest companies, driving innovative ways to put our technology into more locations to enhance both their customers and their employees experience.
It requires managing multiple networks of Dyson people. It takes ownership, courage and tough negotiations. Being constantly driven to see clearer solutions and drive better sales. The BDM – Hotels, Child Care and Workplaces will report into the ANZ Professional Director and will not only focus on selling into Hotels with our Supersonic hair dryer, Pure Hot + Cool along with our Airblade and Lighting technology but will also look for opportunities to sell our Consumer technology into business environments in order to help them solve air quality issues. A key focus is making sure that not only do our customers love the products, but their customers or staff are also aware of the key benefits they provide.
In this role, you will...
- Deliver against sales targets
- Represent the total Dyson Professional portfolio; Beauty, Environmental Control, Floorcare, Lighting, and Airblade, and generate profitable revenue in Hotels, Childcare and Workplaces such as high-rise offices.
- Development, communication and implementation of the vertical strategy by analysing current position, scoping future opportunities and implementing agreed plans.
- Develop a pipeline of opportunities for the chosen sectors and successfully closing a number of these opportunities.
Business Development Planning:
- Hunt for new business opportunities.
- Generate, develop & manage the sales pipeline in your region, reporting projects directly through Salesforce.com (CRM). You will be expected to deliver short-term revenue as well as developing a credible pipeline of projects spanning a longer sales cycle.
- Develop an annual plan that sets out the key strategic accounts for Dyson and the chosen sectors (verticals)
- Identify new potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization to generate new business.
- Set up meetings, presentations and events with client decision makers.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast project sales targets and ensure they are met.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with internal team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Identify opportunities for specification campaigns, services, and other channels that will lead to an increase in specified sales.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events, trade shows and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
Fulfil other duties as required
- You are a hunter first and foremost. You are also a curious person, wanting to know the WHY. You appreciate the importance of selling products on the back of strong technology claims as well as an understanding of the fundamental values behind the Dyson brand. You have a good understanding of the hotel market.
- Success will depend on your ability to hunt for new business opportunities and forge productive relationships with the sales, marketing, finance and operations within Dyson and with external partners.
- A Proven track record of driving revenue and profit growth in a well-regarded B2B business. Ideally with experience of operating in a branded and design led product environment.
- Influencing and relationship building skills are vital to operating effectively and getting results. You are skilled in this area and are able to overcome almost any objection.
- The personality and intellect to review, confidentially challenge, win support for and/or re-develop the strategic plan for Dyson Professional. Able to adopt a ‘sleeves rolled up’ approach in implementation of strategy.
BenefitsDyson ANZ monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy an annual bonus, company car and discounts on our latest technology. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are members of the Diversity Council Australia
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.