- Data Science
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
We are currently seeking Data Analyst interns to join the Business Intelligence Team in our world class Research Design and Development department. Our Business Intelligence Team is responsible for global reporting and the analysis of projects during the product development stage. The team plays a vital role in supporting the engineering teams worldwide.
Join us as an intern and from day one you’ll be assigned to a live project with the chance to have a meaningful impact on the evolution of Dyson technology.
About the roleYou will be working with the Business Intelligence team to ensure that the reporting needs of the business stakeholders are met. The team is responsible for capturing requirements, designing, building and deploying reports according to stakeholders’ needs. They are responsible for the end to end delivery of insightful data and analysis.
You will be assigned to a live project team putting your skill set into practice from the get go. Some of your tasks may include:
- Supporting and maintaining existing reports and dashboards
- Capturing clear requirements direct from business stakeholders
- Iterating report solutions using a design, build and test methodology
- Using best practice design and visualisation techniques to allow users to see and understand their data
- Creating analytical solutions that impress, inspire and become essential tools
- Review and deliver insightful recommendations based on analytical solutions
About youOur internships are competitive and delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to be:
- On track for 2nd upper class honours or above and be studying towards a Computer Science, Data Analytics, Information Systems or related discipline
- Able to commit for at least 12 weeks and graduating in August 2021
- Able to demonstrate ability to solve problems with an analytical and logical approach
- Able to understand and manipulate large and complex data sets
- Enthusiastic about data analysis and data visualization (e.g. tableau or statistical experience) - this can be demonstrated through your project or past experience
- A quick learner and an effective communicator – to be able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment
We like people who show some get-up-and-go and passion for what they do. We’ll expect a lot from you. And no day will be the same as the last.
Applications will close on 30 June 2020.
For your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume with expected year of graduation
- Updated academic transcript / degree audit
Please note that you should only apply to one internship position as multiple applications will delay the selection process. We will consider you for other internship roles should you have the relevant skillset or experience.
Shortlisted candidates will undergo our early careers recruitment and selection process which could include digital assessments and on-site assessment centres.
BenefitsProfessional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.