- Data Analysis
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
About the role
The Global Finance Analytics (GFA) team is an integral part of Dyson’s finance community. We deliver reporting and analysis of commercial performance across the group, both financial and non-financial, liaising directly with global markets and to provide support to the Dyson Executive Team. As a Centre of Excellence for Analytics we deliver strategic insights from data and see into the future to enable data-driven decision making as a valued and credible business partner.
Our strategic focus areas include:
- Data: Enterprise-wide curated data available for cross functional analytics
- Visualization: Self serve, interactive, dynamic content
- Data Culture: Embed data in everything we do
- People: Individual growth = team growth
The BI Manager will be a key member of the BI & Analytics team in Group Finance as we continue to produce insightful visualisations and content for the group and our markets.
You will be managing a team of BI and Data Analysts and will be responsible for delivering our BI roadmap for customers in Group Finance, our category product teams, across our markets and to the Exec leadership team.
You will have a strong technical understanding of data platforms, data warehousing and visualization tools and will be adaptable, flexible and resourceful in delivering a challenging roadmap whilst our data landscape is transforming.
We use Google Cloud Platform, Tableau and Looker as our main technologies, but also have an estate of data and reporting in platforms like SAP BW and SQL Server. Application of these tools, or similar, to solution design is key. There may also be times that you need to get hands on with this technology, delivering content yourself and exploring new functionality available in our toolset.
You will run our delivery activity so a working knowledge of Scrum and Kanban, and agile principles in general is important.
You will be highly organised, enjoy delivering solutions and managing resource to ensure deadlines are met and the quality of our content remains high.
Reporting to the Head of BI & Analytics, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering our BI roadmap
- Line managing a team of BI and Data Analysts
- Ensuring the team are gathering good quality user stories and that requirements are being managed in an agile way
- Designing and documenting efficient solutions with our target architecture in mind
- Working with Dyson’s data services function to deliver new or enhanced data sources
- Collaborating with analytics teams across the business to deliver mutually beneficial products whether this is data or analytics
- Ensuring content meets our quality standards; bringing a passion for data visualisation
- Championing the use of data and analytics, driving adoption and growth in the user base
- Ensuring maintenance of functional and technical documentation
- Mentoring and developing the team
- At times getting hands on with developing data solutions or visualisations yourself
- Experience leading a team
- Strong delivery skills, managing the delivery of a roadmap using tools like JIRA
- Extremely organised, delivery focused and deadline driven
- Demonstrated success of project delivery / business change within Business Intelligence
- Determined to identify solutions and be prepared to overcome obstacles to follow through plans to completion
- Ability to communicate complex ideas simply
- Comfortable with solution design and identifying solutions to data problems
- Good commercial awareness. Ideally knowledge of Financial data
- Ability to work with data engineers to develop our enterprise data warehouse
- Experience using Tableau, Looker or comparable data visualisation tools
- Applied knowledge of a range of data platforms such as SQL Server, GCP, SAP BW, S4/HANA
- Advanced SQL skills
- Applied knowledge of Agile principles and frameworks like Kanban or Scrum
- Passionate about visualisation best practice, driving data-culture in terms of adoption, self-serve and growth in user base
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.