- Singapore - Singapore
About the role
Responsible for defining, documenting and executing a portfolio of construction projects, including the management of the UK Capital Project Team. The role is in line with the RICS Project Management pathway, with the expectation that any individual considering the role would be able to demonstrate the appropriate ability and experience against this career pathway.
- Have a detailed knowledge and experience of the management and delivery of complex capital projects together including:
- Preparation and agreement of a Project Brief
- Compiling and appointing an effective and appropriate Project Team
- Managing the project development and design
- Procuring a suitable Contractor using an appropriate Form of Contract
- Managing the Construction and Handover period
- Be solely responsible for managing and co-ordinating the scoping, analysing, designing and delivering of complex and diverse Capital Projects from inception to completion in a timely manner.
- Be expected to challenge concepts, derive alternative methodology and drive value-based solutions in order to ensure that the optimum design is achieved within the boundaries of time, specification and cost.
- Maintain and manage all project risks, actions and issues.
- Monitor and manage all project expenditure including Capex Requests and Addendums, Consultant Appointments and associated Purchase Orders, Cashflows and projected spend timelines and invoicing. Monitor committed expenditure against Capex and Purchase Order values and ensure that projects do not become over-committed.
- Act as the principal point of contact for a Project. Establish and manage effective partnerships with a wide range of internal partners (Security, IT, Health & Safety, Procurement, Creative, Legal) stakeholders (Users, Occupiers, Steering Committees), as well as external stakeholders (consultants, contractors & delivery partners).
- Effectively manage project communication and ensure that key documents (Cost Plan, Programme, Reports, Drawings, Appointments) are in place and appropriately filed.
- Be able to work under pressure and within tight timescales to ensure project delivery.
- Managing the delivery of the UK portfolio of projects, implementing and leveraging the appropriate tracking and reporting tools, and providing tailored updates to stakeholders and other interested parties.
- Allocation of UK Capital Project Team resource to the project portfolio demand, matching skills, skills and capacity of the team to project demand, and ensuring resource efficiency.
- Line management and support of the UK Capital Project Team to ensure accountabilities, responsibilities, expectations and scope are correct.
- Extensive experience in project management, particularly with reference to construction projects
- Have a detailed expert knowledge of the management and delivery of complex capital projects with the ability to demonstrate project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management)
- Strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Excellent analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of construction processes in order to work with stakeholders throughout the project duration
- Assertive; readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required
- Neutral; ability to shape project direction without imposing their own views or prejudices on the outcome
- Good IT skills - proficiency with CAD and Microsoft Project software
- Decisive and willingness to show initiative
- Have relevant experience working in a dynamic and innovative environment.
- Proven ability to bring forward innovative best practice applications that may benefit projects and apply initiative and strategic awareness to problem solving and decision making.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.