- Gurgaon, India
Five years ago 80% of Dyson’s business was full-sized vacuum cleaners. Today, its digital motor powered cordless vacuums, robots, Airblade hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers and heaters are powering its growth in 75 countries around the world. 2015 saw the addition of Jake Dyson Light to the portfolio, and in April 2016 Dyson took its biggest leap yet, revolutionising the world of health and personal care with the launch of the Dyson Supersonic™ Hairdryer and since then bringing new pioneering Personal Care machines to market through Dyson Airwrap and Dyson Coralle.
Dyson is rapidly expanding; in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next five years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. By 2025, there will be 100 new machines, 3 new product portfolios and Dyson’s headcount will have grown. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organise itself and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect.
Dyson’s culture is unique; dynamic, inventive, technology-obsessed and decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared to constant change and Dyson’s pace brings constant challenge. It’s not easy or comfortable, but it’s this way of working that drives performance. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up. “Good enough” isn’t good enough. Experiences are more important than experience. And attitude counts as much as aptitude.
About the role
Position Summary - Key Responsibilities
Devise category strategy & deliver on plans with execution excellence & complete P&L responsibility
• Understand the category & business via in-depth consumer & category insights, digital & e-commerce landscape & retail understanding.
• Assist marketing manager to develop category strategy and portfolio/range plan based on in depth understanding of air purifier and lighting categories.
• Develop and execute the plans in-line with marketing strategy to hit share growth, funnel metrics and P&L targets (top-line and bottom-line)
• Manage the category budget and annual planning process (complete ownership)
Develop communication strategy and lead to execute media plan (primarily digital media)
• Develop communication strategy, brief to creative/messaging, brief/buy media, and support creative production & adaptations
• Assist marketing manager to covert communication strategy into media plan in collaboration with the media team.
• Work closely and collaborate with media partner, internal PR and other cross-functional teams to deliver against plans.
• Review effectiveness and efficiency of media spending and propose on-going optimizations.
Work closely with Marketing Manager to deliver the Product Initiatives (Launches, Promotions, other)
• Develop project calendar and manage resources; Engage everyone on aboard, both internal/external
• End-to-end project management & ownership of all NPD launches
Other Key Responsibilities
• Development of long-term vision and & short, medium & long-term strategy for the category
• Help with creation of product/proposition/ranging road-map in partnership with Global Commercial teams.
• Collaborate with various cross-functional teams internally and externally (partners) including working seamlessly global & regional teams.
• Past FMCG experience / Strong experience in ‘category creation’ and scale-up will be preferred
• Driven by a strong desire to win and ‘making things happen’
• Entrepreneurial, be unafraid to try new things, able to deal with ambiguity, and willing to take risks
• MUST be passionate about Technology AND Marketing;
• Extremely strong with EXECUTION and ability to OWN + DRIVE (with cross-functional stakeholders) - Detail oriented, plan and materials produced must be meticulously executed;
• Strong ability in project management, prioritize while multitasking a number of high-priority assignments, excellent at cross functional schedule management and strong follow-through;
• Problem solving, must be able to critically and actively analyse situations, spot issues, and present viable solutions (can-do attitude is a MUST);
• Intelligent, independent thinker, strong aptitude in analytical thinking, rational, and prompt; strong with data analysis, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint
• Engineering spirit, direct and to-the-point, tenacious, constantly evolves and learns by repetition and trial and error to arrive at better and better solutions; Engineering background would be a definite plus;
• Team player, flexible, patient, and able to work cross-functionally, managing and motivating stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS & DESIRED WORKING EXPERIENCE:
• MBA from a premier B-school is preferred;
• 6-8 years’ experience in a marketing led company (FMCG/Consumer Technology);
• Strong analytical and excel skills
• Experience with Digital Marketing / eCRM / e-commerce will be preferred
BenefitsAs per industry standards.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.