- Paris - France
AccountabilitiesImpact on Business
- The Category Manager will also be responsible for supporting the creation of the overall category strategy, the creation of sub-category strategies and plans to achieve or exceed agreed savings targets for the category.
- Lead strategic sourcing projects involving 3rd Party Logistics Providers across Road, Air and Ocean Freight, Courier and Warehousing.
- Driving business outcomes and behaviours with subject matter expertise to deliver value through the category planning lifecycle.
- Constantly monitoring the supplier market and identify opportunities resulting from new product offerings and/or market shifts (e.g. entry or exit of suppliers, changes in pricing, risk on category).
- Seeking alternatives to current category specifications and demand parameters.
- Continually monitoring compliance across the indirect spend and driving corrective action as necessary.
- Drive strategic supplier relationships forward across key 3rd Party Logistics Providers.
- Develop a supply base to build the capacity and capability to deliver the business’ requirements.
Customers / Stakeholders
- With the relevant Senior Category Manager and stakeholders, develop and continually review robust, forward-looking sub category plans based on business and product needs, supply market dynamics, and technological changes in marketplace.
- Influence the businesses and drive the application of a variety of commercial models to deliver the most appropriate business outcomes.
- Ensure alignment with all key stakeholders within Procurement and the business on category decisions.
- Support the Senior Category Manager in influencing policy thinking, provide timely responses to audit reports and report category costs as appropriate.
- Implement or maintain an appropriate global, regional, national strategy within the sub-categories and, with the support of relevant in market procurement, manage compliance to contracts.
- Support supplier relationship management in the classification of new suppliers to determine the most appropriate SRM treatment.
- Work with the Senior Category Manager to manage resourcing within the category to deliver sourcing projects.
- Leadership & Teamwork
- Live the Dyson Behaviours appropriate to the individual and the role; ingenious, explorer, fighter and shrewd.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and inspire confidence when faced with uncertainty and change.
- Bring drive, energy and pace to project activity.
- Display good people management and influencing skills.
- Demonstrate the importance of subject matter expertise through example.
- Market and communicate category guidelines into the business.
- Role model the adoption and leverage agile ways of working.
- Make time and care about personal development maintaining a live development plan.
We are looking for you to demonstrate strong operational effectiveness & control as well as ensuring risk is mitigated and managed.
- Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply with clear route to advancement towards MCIPS, Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
- 5 years of experience in procurement with experience in Logistics & Transportation or previous experience managing logistics operations.
- Deep understanding of the Supply Chain Process and ability to execute evaluation scenarios.
- Excellent numeracy & analytical skills (Excel).
- Proficiency using data analytics software’s, Tableau, Power BI, others.
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation.
- Able to work in diverse environments and adhere to highest ethical standards.
- Confidence and credibility with good communication and relationship management skills with the ability to engage and influence middle to senior level stakeholders.
- Sustains personal energy, self-motivation and productivity and encourages good resilience in others.
- Identifies and raises opportunities and/or challenges.
- Takes action to simplify complexity.
- Recognised expertise in the specific category applicable to the role
- Evidence of managing a sub-category through the whole life cycle, from strategy creation through procurement to supplier management.
- Commercially astute and with a strong eye for detail.
- Proven ability to solve problems and to influence decision making.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated and a team-player.
- Self-aware, knows own strengths and limitations.
- A driven self-starter; who has the ability to work autonomously and as part of a small team.
- Preparedness to travel as necessary/appropriate in the performance of duties.
- Prect management experience.
- Working knowledge of contract law.
- Skied or capable of being skilled in all sourcing process disciplines.
- Working knowledge of multiple categories / commodities.
- Good understanding e-procurement processes and systems.
- Discretionary bonus
- Health insurance
- Annual leave allowance
- Lunch voucher
- Discounted Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.