- Sweden - Stockholm Office
Much has changed since James Dyson launched the bagless vacuum that started our business. In the time since, Dyson engineers have invented heat-free hand dryers, bladeless fans, long-life LED lighting and even our own digital motor. Today, vacuums represent just half of our sales. And Dyson has even broader ambitions still. With a future technology pipeline spanning 25 years which includes entering several new categories, the next few are set to be our busiest yet.
The planning and execution of world class category strategies will be critical in delivering our stretching growth targets. Today, Personal Care is our fastest growing category, including our award-winning AirWrap multi-styler and Supersonic hairdryer. We are looking for a strong marketing talent with a business mind-set to a role of Category Manager PC where the opportunities for growth are vast considering the technological developments Dyson will deliver.
About the Role
The “Category Manager – Personal Care” will be accountable for the “Hair care” category, and any new Beauty categories that Dyson chooses to enter. Working with the Nordic Head of Marketing, they will drive strategies that deliver high category performance in terms of both profitability and brand reputation, short and long term growth.
This role will work with a network of marketing colleagues based in Dyson’s global and local functions to help shape the right category plans for the Nordics within the context of overall Nordic strategy and Dyson’s global category ambitions.
Envisage the brand and commercial strategy for the category in Nordics
- The successful Category Manager will be responsible for analysing customer data, market data and shopper insight in order to establish new opportunities across the category
- Be the in-market category advocate, continuously championing its value and commercial potential; developing the ambition, energy, ideas and tools needed by the market’s marketing and sales teams to reach the best possible commercial outcomes from the product set
- Collaborate across the business (retailer sales, direct sales, customer services, trade marketing, media) to maximise the impact the category/products have on consumers, owners and retailers.
- Owner of range planning & management
- Work collaboratively with sales to optimise the distribution/ channel strategy in order to maximise demonstrations and shopper experience
In collaboration with the Sales function, maximise the sales potential and profitability of existing products.
- Work collaboratively with customers’ category manager/ teams to secure significant value growth
- Develop deep understanding of the customer opportunity in the Nordics
- Analyse in-life product and campaign performance and implications for growth strategies
- Continuously review and re-set tactics as required
- Contribute to new business opportunities by taking a ‘business development’ approach where appropriate
Develop “Go to market” plans and marketing strategies for all new product launches in the categories.
- Translate the Group/global commercial product and category strategy into local strategy; clarifying the approach to maximise the Nordic market’s opportunity within the context of global plans
- Deliver launch plans, working in conjunction with Group Commercial/Marketing teams and the global approach, as well as local sales, marketing and PR & Comms teams
- Develop the commercial elements of pre-launch ‘go to market’ plans and marketing strategies.
- Ensure new products are launched successfully through effective leadership across the local markets; manage teams to milestones and plan.
- Constantly monitor competitors; remain ready to quickly understand the implications of their activities and respond quickly.
Alongside the Nordic Head of Marketing, operate as a member of the virtual global Dyson category and commercial teams.
- Collaborate with the relevant Group Category teams and other key functions (e.g., Digital & Owner Experience, Retail and Events).
- Provide feedback and insight to the Group category teams; participate in building Dyson understanding of commercial category opportunity.
- We are looking for a top talent that is passionate about developing brand and categories and is capable of finding creative routes to creating category value. We anticipate that the successful candidate has 5+ years of experience and a track record within brand management, category management and/ or key account management. Previous experience with premium brands, within health, beauty or wellbeing categories and retail concession models will be highly merited. We are looking for a leader. We need someone that will envision the future of the category and can energise others to get behind delivering that vision.
- Capable individual with the bandwidth to manage complex/multiple projects
- A proven self-starter
- A strong collaborator as delivery of the vision will require the input of many people / groups
- Ability to plan and deliver strategic initiatives
- Strong analytical skills and a track record of turning data into meaningful insight
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Native speaker in one or more Nordic languages
- Articulate individual, able to communicate their vision and plans to others verbally and in writing
- A confident individual and strong influencer who must be ready to take on battles and win
- Nimble, creative thinker who is not afraid to challenge the status quo and to take smart risks
- Driven by a desire to win and for continuous improvement
- Visible passion for brand, product and category
- Discretionary bonus
- Pension scheme
- 30 days holiday
- Health allowance (Friskvårdsbidrag)
- Private Health Insurance
- Dyson discount
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.