- GBP competitive
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
You will ensure that channel strategies and NPD launches support the vision to accelerate the growth of beauty in the UK market. You will work well with others to deliver unforgettable launches and thrive in fast-paced environments. This role needs to ensure the business delivers against the long-term brand vision, whilst deliver on the short-term commercials, you won’t be afraid to challenge others and trial new initiatives to transform the category and cement Dyson as experts in Haircare.
About the roleDevelop and execute clear and compelling marketing plans within Personal Care, which will drive sales growth, share gains and positive brand attributes within the consumer market
- Analyse customer data and shopper insight to establish new opportunities within the market and drive category growth.
- Work with the Senior Marketing Manager to define consumer targets, develop propositions and initiatives to drive business performance against these audiences.
- Conduct competitor and market data analysis, including Go To Market competitor strategies, analysis of product performance claims and media strategies to develop counter strategies.
- Be the GB advocate for Personal Care, champion the value and commercial potential to internal teams and the wider Dyson business. Support the Senior Marketing Manager to ensure Direct and Indirect deliver profit and brand equity in Hair-care.
- Develop a strong understanding of the market’s customer opportunity
- Analyse in-life product and campaign performance with implications for growth strategies.
- Continuously review and reset tactics as required
- Work with the Senior Marketing Manager on exploring new business opportunities such as channel strategies and new partner listings
- Proactively participate in Joint Business Planning to agree retail plans and communication with involvement in planning, sell-ins and marketing initiatives
- Accountable for shaping the plans and strategy for the UK business to unlock advocacy amongst the stylist community.
- Translate Global NPD launch plans into local UK plans, working in conjunction with Group and local teams
- Develop a deep understanding of the professional market and potential customers – what drives them, how they perceive the world.
- Conduct strategic analysis for the GB professional market landscape with competitive view of target audience
- Provide constant feedback on trends, positioning, competitive activities, price tiers to better assess the impact this will have on our business
- Develop a comprehensive calendar for key initiatives and marketing plans for the year
- Be the Professional advocate and strive for excellence working closely with Communications, Sales, Direct and media team
- Set clear and measurable KPIs to track success.
- Be creative in searching for new opportunities within the professional landscape.
- Conduct strategic analysis for the US premium beauty / personal care market landscape, competitive intelligence of target markets
- Provide constant and consistent feedback in terms of platform trends, positioning, competitive activities, price tiers and consumer trends to better assess the impact this will have on our business
- Understand broader industry trends and work with the Category Director and the Leadership team to help identify and prioritize audience and stakeholder needs
- Identify strategic opportunities and customer demands to maximize returns on marketing investment in pursuit of Dyson financial and brand goals
- Collaborate and be a team player, have excellent relationships with a network of individuals.
- Capable of managing complex and multiple projects
- Be able to influence internal and external stakeholders across a wide range of business functions
- Traditional and Digital media experience
- Strong commercial acumen to understand P&L impact
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical, able to distil data into actionable insight
- Commercial acumen to deliver against category goals
- Works well under pressure, able to deal with the fast-changing pace of the business
- Creative thinker
- Ideally 4-6 years product or brand marketing experience in the beauty sector
- Experience of delivering great results with media agencies
- Sound knowledge of both traditional and digital media
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.