- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the role
- Develop, implement and manage project sourcing plans and strategies to ensure the right decisions are made when required. This will involve working with the Global Research Design & Development (RDD) Category team, Operations, Supply Chain, Quality and Commercial, as well as the Global Procurement team, to manage your assigned projects/products. The main focus is to ensure supply chain readiness to deliver projects on time, support ramp up and ongoing production, whilst ensuring the Global Commodity strategies within Procurement are aligned to support the overall Category Strategy.
- Ensure Procurement milestone deliverables & KPI’s are tracked and met, project status, risks and mitigations are managed and reported to Operations and key stakeholders, including Head of Category Procurement and the Procurement Director.
- Work closely with the UK Procurement team on projects being transferred, ensuring all transfer deliverables are completed and ownership and responsibilities are clearly defined.
- Drive & manage project and product cost to meet Should Costs and Target Costs from New Product Innovation (NPI) to End of Life (EOL). The role will be working in collaboration with RDD, Product Cost team (Finance), Global Commodity Managers & Procurement Engineering to ensure best pricing is achieved to meet the cost saving targets set for the Global Procurement team.
- Provide component pricing on a monthly basic, or whenever there is a change or up issue in revision, as part of the project life cycle.
- Encourage supplier input in to the design and cost, working with RDD, Procurement Engineering and Global Commodity Managers to drive best cost and cost down initiatives, understanding and reporting cost risks and opportunities.
- Assess supply chain risk for your projects within the Category to EOL, ensuring supplier and part risks are understood, reported and mitigated, to ensure continuity of supply and creating competition for cost benefit. This will involve close collaboration with GCM’s, RDD and Operations to ensure mitigation plans are in place and implemented.
- Manage the procurement activities for prototyping and engineering builds as part of the product development process. This includes supporting purchase of samples & raising risk buys.
- Contribute to on-going continuous improvement activities, identifying improvement activity and process improvements
- Degree/CIPS qualification or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience in Procurement/Purchasing/Supply Chain and/or recognized qualification in Project Management
- Strong commercial background within a Manufacturing and/or Engineering background – experience in a relevant industry.
- Procurement experience or an awareness of Request for Quotation, supplier selection and new supplier set up processes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (in English) for reporting to all stakeholders at different levels and the ability to convey issues concisely and accurately to all levels within the organisation
- Good Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills and the ability to present to stakeholder groups and cross-functional teams.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions (i.e. common sense and not embarrassed to ask “silly” questions).
- Strong process orientation to govern and manage projects
- A fair minded approach and ability to be totally objective.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive working relationships and influence others.
- Assertiveness, a proactive approach, forward thinking and good attention to detail.
- The ability to challenge the norm and look for new ways of doing things.
- Accountability, integrity and confidence, always presenting the facts no matter what the circumstances and the ability to deliver under pressure and to tight timelines.
- Mandarin desirable. Additional other Chinese dialects would be an advantage
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, management bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.