Our global reputation is priceless and it always hangs on what we do next. Dyson is a unique technology enterprise. We pioneer. Our biggest category today didn’t even exist a few years ago. Our next biggest category? That could be where you come in.
The role is responsible for managing the procurement projects strategy, working with the Global RDD Category and Global Procurement team to manage projects within the Category. The main focus to ensure supply chain readiness to deliver projects on time & support ramp up, and ensuring the Commodity Strategy within Procurement are aligned to support the overall Category Strategy.
The role will also be driving & manage project cost to meet Should Cost and Target Cost from NPI to SOP. The role will be working in collaboration with RDD, Product Cost, Commodity Managers to deliver this set target, also ensuring cost clarity and risk/opportunity around project costs are driven and reported.
About the role
* You will be required to present project status & cost, and review actions with the Global Procurement Director & Global Procurement Heads, providing feedback on progress and actions.
* You will lead and drive the activity plan that determines Procurement timeframes for success and highlight in a RAG sheet / Procurement Project Status Report where projects risks are on schedule or fallen behind and report this to the Senior Management. You will drive the deadlines.
* You will represent Procurement in SPD meeting and key product project meetings and ensure that we identify from procurement all issues/aspects that could be seen as a risk. This might be capacity, capability or cost as we go from project milestone to the Start of Production.
* You will work closely together with the RDD Directors or Head of Engineering/ RDD to ensure projects opportunities/risks are being addressed and resolved.
* You will work with the Global Procurement Heads to prepare for the Project Milestone Review and Board Reports; this includes cost status, projects risks & mitigation plans.
* You will work in collaboration with Cross Functions team (Manufacturing, Commodity, Procurement Engineering, RDD, Finance) to drive cost savings on your projects.
* You will drive your team to meet Target and Budget Costs on each project.
* You will ensure your team challenged the Commodity Managers / suppliers to ensure best pricing is achieved, this can either be through benchmarking exercise, 3 quotes justification, bottom up costing, should cost etc.
* You will work closely with Product Cost team on providing components pricing on a monthly basic, or whenever there is a change or up issue on revision. As part of the project life cycle, you will support the work on Engineering Build (EB) Cost.
* Degree level qualification or above
* Project Management - planning, risk management, and procurement - at least 4-6 years in a relevant industry
* CIPS (or equivalent) qualification
* Mandarin or additional other Chinese dialects would be an advantage
* Experience of lean manufacturing
* Self-motivated, independent, results-driven
* Ability to deliver under pressure and in tight timelines
* Strong process orientation, co-ordination and facilitation skills
* Problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions (i.e. common sense and not embarrassed to ask supposedly "silly" questions)
* Integrity / confidence under pressure - always presenting the facts no matter what the circumstances
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us