- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing Office
The Category Procurement team is the Direct Procurement business partner to the Product Category teams, with end to end (E2E) Procurement responsibility within the product lifecycle, focusing on milestone adherence, proactive risk management, driving material delivery on time in full (OTIF) and driving cost avoidance to meet product target costs.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
The Category Procurement Manager is responsible for proactively managing assigned projects and products, ensuring Procurement engagement from early concept phase to End of Life (EOL).
As a Category Procurement Manager you will:
- Ensure Procurement milestone deliverables and KPI’s are proactively managed, tracked and met to support new product introduction (NPI.
- Report Procurement project status to Operations and senior stakeholders.
- Identify, mitigate and report Procurement risks for assigned projects.
- Develop and manage project sourcing plans, including dual sourcing plans and dual sourcing business cases with cross-functional input and alignment.
- Drive the right sourcing decisions at the right time, to ensure enough supply chain capacity is installed for mass production.
- Collaborate with Global Commodity Managers (GCM’s) & Procurement Engineering (PE) to ensure Global Commodity strategies are aligned to support the Category portfolio and technology roadmaps.
- Collaborate with Category design teams to plan bought-out part/ material requirements and specifications release on time for supplier engagement and material readiness for prototype builds and mass production.
- Collaborate with UK Category Procurement teams on projects transferred to SEA (South-East Asia), ensuring all transferred deliverables are completed and accountabilities and responsibilities are clearly defined and communicated.
- Collaborate with Category Design, Finance, PE’s and GCM’s to optimise cost avoidance and ensure best pricing is achieved to meet the product target costs and business case requirements.
- Manage and report bought-out component/material pricing, cost opportunities and cost risks on a monthly basis, or whenever there is a change or up issue in specification / drawing revision during NPI.
- Create and maintain the project dual sourcing business case and manage the implementation of the project dual sourcing plans with Category, to ensure dual sourcing delivers the return on investment and creates supply chain resilience.
- Drive product material delivery on time and in full (OTIF) to ensure products are clear to build from a procurement perspective and support manufacturing build plans.
- Contribute to on-going continuous improvement activities, identifying improvement activity and process improvements.
Experience & Skills required:
- Degree level/CIPS qualification or equivalent.
- Procurement Project Management experience within NPI in a manufacturing and engineering environment.
- Commodity management / sourcing experience or an awareness of new supplier assessment and supplier selection processes
- Knowledge of costed bills of materials (BOMs)and business cases
- Strong commercial background and experience of managing and driving Direct Procurement cost avoidance and cost reduction activities.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions (i.e. common sense and not embarrassed to ask “silly” questions).
- Strong collaboration, stakeholder management and influencing skills and experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (in English) for reporting to all stakeholders at different levels, with the ability to convey issues concisely and accurately at all levels within the organisation
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills and the ability to summarise and present information to stakeholder groups and cross-functional teams.
- Strong process orientation to govern and manage projects
- A fair-minded approach and ability to be totally objective.
- Assertiveness, a proactive approach, forward thinking and good attention to detail.
- The ability to challenge the norm and look for new ways of doing things.
- Accountability, integrity and confidence, always presenting the facts no matter what the circumstances and the ability to deliver under pressure and to tight timelines.
- Mandarin desirable. Other additional Chinese dialects would be an advantage
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.