- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Energy storage
- Singapore - Singapore
Development of novel Cell technology comes with new and highly challenging manufacturing processes. This role encompasses all the processes required to progress technology established in research through to scaled manufacture. Being the junction point for the cell technology and the manufacturing requirements to deliver a solution to meet aspirations of both.
A successful candidate will have the communication skills to translate technical feedback whilst empowering their own team to build and deliver solutions. Reporting to the Energy Storage Director, the role will encompass Novel Cell manufacturing process management, Team leadership and Technical communications.
About the role
- Be the owner of the novel operations and processes ensuring the technical requirements are met for Form, Fit & Function form a process perspective – Drive design requirements to resolution to ensure a smooth transition to equipment & production teams
- The development and optimisation of innovative new technologies that can be incorporated into the manufacturing processes to give a performance, cost or environmental advantage.
- You will be the application subject matter expert and primary point of contact for all process level enquiries, advice, support, training and coaching. This will be enhanced through frequent and effective engagement & communication with the relevant management teams.
- Build and develop a Cell applications team to deliver novel technology into service. Mentor and support engineers to build capability, solve challenging problems and deliver continuously to the highest safety standard. To lead, develop and guide a small team of dedicated engineers within critical path projects into delivering reliable, well thought-through and executed solutions for manufacture.
- Prototype solutions for trial & verification
- Development of Economic, Yield, Waste, Environmental and Performance benefits
- Hands-on Problem solving / Engineering as well as detailed calculations and supporting documentation
- Provide innovative process advice - support the design and operational management to identify balanced solutions and opportunities to meet overall energy storage objectives.
- Own Cell Process information for Energy Storage, including any significant recommendations or incidents, and advise the company on risk and a proportionate response.
- Build and manage relationships with internal departments, external regulators, industry bodies within Energy Storage.
- Demonstrate clear presentation of technical information and supporting documentation to ensure accurate hand over either to other teams within the UK or Far East.
- Be an ambassador, vocal advocate, influencer and presence for Cell Development.
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve efficiency.
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to build a network of connections both upstream and downstream within Dyson.
- Ability to work sensitively, discretely, and effectively across Dyson.
- 5+ years’ experience of leading Energy Storage Cell technical matters within Process development.
- Experience working with Secondary Cell development and production
- An ability to demonstrate a good understanding of the fundamentals of Cells and an awareness of the application of Modules and Pack systems.
- A broad understanding of material properties and manufacturing processes related to Cell engineering materials.
- Experience of working within an electric vehicle programme a strong advantage.
- Direct People management experience.
- Team management – Has formed and developed a high performing team culture.
- Strong organisational skills with a methodical and detailed approach.
- Persistent approach to problem solving and an inquisitive nature
- Must demonstrate a passion for working for Dyson.
- Appreciation of relevant Battery technology or battery products across the industry.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
- When required, travel to other Dyson facilities in Asia/UK for project engineering build support.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.