- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Energy storage
- Singapore - Singapore
From its origins in a small workshop in rural England, Dyson has grown into a technology company with a global footprint. We have offices from Auckland to Zurich, via Singapore, Moscow and Chicago. While engineering remains at our core, our passion for problem solving across different disciplines runs throughout our business. We're a diverse workforce made up of people with different Dyson behaviours.
Our philosophy remains the same as it was 25 years ago when James Dyson invented the first cyclonic vacuum cleaner. We remain family-owned. We don’t bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking.
Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes). We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. But most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
Being a pivotal role in the concept to production of a Dyson Designed Cell puts the Development team at the heart of this exciting journey. The Team will translate early concept directions into fully developed, optimised & validated solutions to make at high volume for the next generation of Dyson products.
About the role
This role forms the key technical contribution of Mathematical modelling for Energy Storage cell development. Utilizing multiphysics-based cell performance simulation to accelerate cell design optimization, analysis and prediction for a smooth transition from development to production.
A successful candidate will have the technical skills to translate research given models and develop these to capture critical mechanism and accelerate solving complex problems. Reporting to the Energy Storage Applications team, the role will encompass Object management, Technical contribution and progress updates.
- Be a key technical member of multiphysics-based modelling for comprehensive cell performance simulation at both development and production phases to accelerate Dyson Energy Storage cell realization.
- Be responsible to develop robust mathematical models well correlated with physical tests and simulate complex cell behaviours including power, lifetime, safety capturing detailed thermal, electrochemical, mechanical mechanism for effective design optimization based on these analysis and prediction.
- Collaborate with Energy Storage and Product teams involving mechanical and electrical, process and chemistry to give them simulated output to contribute to their effective development.
- Devise and utilize data analysis tools and visualization techniques to consolidate and digest simulated big data fast and accurately.
- Drive evolution of advanced modelling for future Dyson products, working with both Product and research teams to understand and develop multiphysics simulation for the next generation of Dyson Energy Storage cells.
- Demonstrate clear presentation of technical information and supporting documentation to ensure accurate hand over either to other teams within the UK or Far East.
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve on efficiency.
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to build a network of connections both upstream and downstream within Dyson.
Qualifications / Professional Memberships:
Educated to Degree level (scientific/engineering based)
Experience / Requirements:
- 3+ year experience and exposure of muti-physics mathmatical modelling using simulation software such as COMSOL, Ansys, STAR CCM+ etc.
- Experience working with Secondary Cell Research, development or production
- Knowledge of Matlab, Mathcad, VBA, Python etc. to summarizing data and reporting results is a plus.
- Preferably empirical cell test skills to close the gap between simulated and experimental data
- An ability to demonstrate a good understanding of the fundamentals of Cells for model build and an awareness of the application of Modules and Pack systems.
- Good organisational skills with a methodical and detailed approach.
- Persistent approach to problem solving and an inquisitive nature
- Must demonstrate a passion for working for Dyson.
- Appreciation of relevant Battery technology or battery products across the industry.
- When required, travel to other Dyson facilities in Asia/UK for project engineering build support.
In order to increase your chances of being short listed please ensure you submit a supporting statement in addition to your CV clearly addressing how you meet the essential & desirable criteria as outlined in the person specification, plus details of your current and required package.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.