- Strategy and Transformation
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Business Transformation Team
The Business Transformation Team is a new function within Dyson which has accountability for the following:
- Ensure the Enterprise Operating Model (the way we are structured and operate) supports the Business Strategy (what we want to achieve)
- Provide overarching governance of major business transformation initiatives (how we get there) in conjunction with new Regional Transformation and existing Function Transformation capabilities
- Visibility of all transformation activity across Dyson
- Monitoring and reviewing programme to ensure there is maximised return on investment
- Establish and embed a Global business change capability to support Group functions
- Finally, ensuring there is efficient delivery of cross functional initiatives
- This is a key function which will help support Dysons growth ambitions.
About the role
Based in our technology centre in Singapore, the Change Manager has responsibility for the following activities:
- Working with the Head of Business Change & Benefits Realisation will help establish an in house business change capability which will provide business change support to Dyson led programmes and projects.
- Educate and drive engagement of the entire business around change, and the importance of effective change management
- Effectively collaborate with regional change teams to establish consistent change lifecycle within Dyson to ensure a consistent approach to change
- Partnering with senior stakeholders across the organisation to ready them for business change i.e. consideration of impact, communication, training, stakeholder management, business readiness, benefits tracking, etc.
- Provide business change support to multiple cross functional initiatives, driving best practice.
- Work with the Head of Business Change & Benefits Realisation to develop the capability of ensuring projected benefits are fully realised / monitored for key programmes or initiatives.
- Driving People Engagement within the team
- Take ownership of your own development with the support of the Head of Business Change & Benefits Realisation
- Ensuring effective performance management, learning and development within the team
- Support the broader Business Transformation Team in establishing the new function within the business.
- Forge collaborative working relationships across the entire organisation in this area of expertise, including as appropriate external stakeholders.
- Feed into and support change requirements at the early stages of projects, ensuring the impacts of change are fully understood, working with all relevant stakeholders across programme and project teams, along with the business / markets
- Ensuring quality and consistency of service delivery, acting on stakeholder feedback where appropriate;
- Developing KPIs and metrics which support effective decision-making including the monitoring and tracking of benefits.
- Operational reporting to the Business Transformation Director.
- At least 5 years experience of working in a business change role
- Excellent change management skills, using APMG and Lean methodologies to execute change focusing on our people, our processes, the systems and tools they use, whilst ensuring excellent communication throughout the lifecycle and scope.
- Proven track record of operating successfully in a complex organisation.
- Experience in building relationships with internal and external stakeholders - including senior management - across different geographies and cultures.
- You are capable of taking the organisation on the journey of change, with first class communication and people skills
- You’re commercially astute and used to working collaboratively across a number of different business functions e.g. Group IT, Group Commercial and Markets (countries).
- You can take complex issues and manage them simply, with the ability to articulate these back to senior level stakeholders
- You are used to managing projects or being the change lead on multiple projects / programmes
- You’re results driven, resilient, love a challenge and have a starter to finisher mentality. You take accountability for your work, not just focusing on the results, but how you execute your work.
- You have highly-developed communication skills, both oral and written.
- You consistently role model the values and fosters the values in the team. Is highly self-reflective and welcomes open feedback, with a clear commitment to self-improvement.
- You’re an effective decision-maker: comfortable with change and ambiguity and can act without having the total bigger picture.
- You’re a role model for building and maintaining a strong network of collaborative relationships across Dyson business units and geographies to deliver operational success and galvanise and involve people.
- You possess a brand of leadership which drives a diverse and collaborative working culture encouraging openness, honesty and psychological safety. Builds strong team spirit and celebrates success.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.