- Strategy and Transformation
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
About the Role:
The Channel Development Manager will drive and support the channel strategy for Dyson globally, from creation to implementation, adaptation with Regions/Markets, modification along with Dyson on-going development and in anticipation of external changes.
The strategy would define the purpose of each channel in terms of profitability, customer recruitment, branding and category development, accordingly it will govern the channel investment and development plan. With such framework, the Manger will then support key markets/regions to drive their channel strategy and development, measure success, ensure a balanced, profitable channel portfolio that enables the long-term success of Dyson.
You will also drive channel entry projects. This will entail business case building, commercial framework creation, operational flow mapping, network planning, and global standards setting in various aspects, including store design and customer experience. With that, you will work collaboratively across different Group business functions, for example Supply chain, Commercial, Finance, Communications. With the Business Development and Transformation function across the regions, you will partner with the community to develop the channel portfolio for the regions and key markets.
The role will require experience in managing some of the key retail channels on and offline, such as Beauty retailers, Travel retail, Department stores, across multiple markets. Sensitivity to local challenges, cultural differences, consumer trends are essential in the discharge of your responsibilities.
You have strong business acumen, good understanding of commercial finance, strategic thinking, and ability to influence change. You take accountability for your work, not just focusing on the results, but how you execute your work.
Key accountabilities are:
- Conduct strategic analyses according to business needs (market dynamics, business models, emerging growth opportunities, competition landscape, economics, industry financial drivers) using analytical frameworks to develop a holistic view strategy
- In partnership with Global Revenue leadership, develop and implement global channel strategy and framework, support market implementation and adaptation, review success with a set of defined KPIs
- Monitor and optimise channel performances, develop principles and guidelines to be enforced in regions and markets, meanwhile proactively understand local challenges and consumer trends
- Leverage market research and always stay abreast of industry trends, identify opportunities to optimise channel performance, meanwhile facilitate internal sharing of research insights
- Establish strong working relationship with regions and key markets to bring Channel strategy to life
- Drive channel development by reviewing and defining commercial principles, directly own global account negotiations and partnership establishment, support regions/market in their negotiation when needed.
- Build strong relationship with global key accounts, build a commercial ecosystem of partners for on-going business development opportunities and insights.
- Identify and pursue new opportunities, including new channel partnerships and revenue streams, in support of strategic objectives, anticipate needs for the future along with Dyson’s development.
Business case and financial monitoring
- Drive business case development, alongside with appropriate partners from finance and the core teams, coordinate appropriate alignment to review and ready content for approval forums.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to monitor and review (post project) the success of the project delivery e.g. benefits realizations, both hard and soft. In accordance with the business case.
- 7+ years in progressive work experience in consumer goods, preferably in Beauty or luxury goods
- Bachelor degree in Business, Strategy or a relevant filed. MBA is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and understand a variety of internal and external economic and financial issues with impact to the business, to analyse data and forecast future business trends, and to develop strategic channel plans based on business needs and market assessments.
- Strong commercial acumen, experience in global or regional account management is a plus
- Knowledge of business development best practices and industry trends
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.