- China - Shanghai Office
Dyson is growing fast, and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do.
About the role
You will lead/support all direct and indirect tax matters related to Dyson’s China manufacturing projects. You will also support tax audits in China and interact with different local tax authorities. You will be an integral part of Group Tax and can look forward to building an exciting career in a dynamic and growing company.
- Work together with external consultant and other colleagues in T&C team for the tax consequences and planning opportunities in China manufacturing projects.
- Act as main contact in Tax for China manufacturing projects. Liaise with internal and external key stakeholders to ensure the timely communication of our tax arrangement.
- Advise on tax implication and potential alternatives of different business requests to increase tax efficiency within the feasible framework. Closely work with all stakeholders to understand business needs and support business.
- Support tax audits, disputes, and resolution in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify potential tax issues, workout practical remedy solutions embedded with tax compliance and control process to mitigate the potential tax risk.
- Review VAT returns, CIT returns, annual transfer pricing documentation prepared by local consultants to ensure timely and accurate tax compliance filing.
- In charge of branch/subsidiary opening process based on the business model approved by Group.
- Actively monitor and update tax legislation change, including e-tax invoice, tax system digitalization, VAT reform, etc.
- 5-7 years tax related working experience in both Big 4 and in-house.
- Good China tax knowledge in manufacturing industry is a must, experience in retail/wholesale industry is a plus.
- Experience in dealing with tax officers in different locations within China (e.g., Shenzhen, Xiamen)
- Must be able to work with challenging deadlines and prioritise work efficiently
- Excellent analytical ability with great attention to detail
- Not afraid to drive improvement and change
- Team player with positive, ‘can-do’ attitude, flexible and able to embrace ambiguity in fast paced environment
- Good communication skills in Mandarin and English
- CTA, CPA or equal certification preferred
- SAP experience
- Tax automation experience.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.