- Regulatory and Compliance
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a unique technology enterprise. Our pioneering culture pushes us to be different and better. Everything we do is centred around designing our technology and experiences to help solve everyday problems. At Dyson our mission is simple: we solve problems that others choose to ignore, and we do it first.
We do not offer hybrid/remote working with this role.
About the role
As a Claims and Performance Manager at Dyson, you will be tasked with ensuring that we have robust and durable scientific evidence in place before we make any statements about the performance of our products to the wider world.
You will work closely with our Commercial, Research, Design and Development (RDD) and Legal teams to develop appropriate test methods and capability that support our claims ambitions using labs within and outside of Dyson. You may be invited to travel to supervise consumer trials or be involved in novel research with contract and academic partners to evidence new claims, ensuring that Dyson can defend all its performance claims, treading the line between compelling claims that sell products and differentiate us from our competitors, whilst having persuasive, comprehensive data to support advertising.
Within the role, you will be responsible for generating the claim substantiation strategy for each project, which feeds into new product development. You will identify credible partners and external test houses, setting up method development briefs, negotiating costs, building in stretching targets and tests, to ideally secure exclusivity for Dyson. You will play a part in influencing international standards and could even act as an expert technical witness in court.
You will use all resources available to generate data to qualify our claims position, and you will assist our local market (country) teams in designing region-specific test requirements. Where required, you will coach our commercial managers in the local advertising standards and regulations that may put constraints on substantiation and claim language.
It’s essential that you are a dynamic and confident presenter / communicator, able to challenge opinions and influence decision making, providing clarity to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Educated to degree level in a STEM subject
- At least three years of experience working in relevant roles
- Highly technical, able to quickly learn and understand the impact of regulations and test metrics on our claims
- Analytical with good numeracy, able to scrutinise claims and copy, identifying subtleties, flaws and inferences that might enable others to challenge the validity of Dyson advertising
- A strategic thinker, able to identify opportunities to develop new test methods and concepts that benefit our product categories and influence consumer magazines and standards bodies
- Engaging, communicative, influential, motivated, open-minded, flexible, detailed, professional and discreet
- An excellent organiser and planner, able to prioritise and communicate across all levels of a business
- Curiosity to learn in detail how domestic appliances perform for owners all around the world
- A fluent English speaker
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (specifically Excel and PowerPoint)
- A second language may be an advantage
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair-salon, lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.