- Regulatory and Compliance
- China - Shanghai Office
Main Duties/ Responsibilities:
To support the Claims, Standards and Insights Team in a variety of areas, this shall include, but not by way of limitation, the following: -
- Be responsible for all claims, methods, testing and evidence for one or more Dyson product categories. Build expertise in those categories, know the technology.
- Develop the claim substantiation strategy for each N project from early milestones (VSTR) and work with RDD to tune product specs and validate suitable test methods.
- Represent Dyson at working groups for relevant standards if required.
- Formulate and agree Dyson position on individual issues with Principal Standards Manager/ External Affairs/ RDD specialist teams. Use RDD resource to generate data for meetings to qualify our position.
- Assist local markets in designing region-specific research with local partner organisations to facilitate new product endorsement/advocacy or novel claims.
- Attend product launches if required to present new Dyson technology to the media, conduct interviews and train local marketing teams on product detail and claims.
- Coach Commercial Managers/ Brand Managers in local advertising law requirements, and limitations and constraints on substantiation and subsequent claim language. Horizon-scan for opportunities for new endorsement partners/schemes or Dyson product advocates.
- Identify credible partners and develop scheme structure, negotiate costs, and build in stretching targets to ideally secure exclusivity for Dyson.
- Identify and commission external test houses capable of running standard tests and bespoke methods as new product categories come online.
- Develop working practices, including job tracking and test scheduling and ensure timely, cost-effective and accurate delivery of reports.
- Champion and ensure governance with Global CSI processes.
- Attend calls and meetings with internal and external legal counsel to explain complex detail of Dyson technologies, test methods and comparative data that supports our claims prior to launch or in defence of challenges.
- Be prepared to represent Dyson as expert technical witness in court or depositions.
- Attend weekly category cross-team meetings with senior managers to represent CSI issues and opinion. Attend regular reviews (Commercial/ marketing or RDD research reviews) to provide testing and standards insight and to challenge opinions.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.