- MYR Competitive
- Claims and Insights, Communications
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
Claims, Standards, Insight and External Affairs provide support to multiple stakeholders and business functions, delivering proof, risk mitigation and formal substantiation of design and business decisions. As Dyson grows, there is a need to drive a more ambitious claims agenda for global markets with timely delivery of proof and substantiation
- Be responsible for all claims, methods, testing and evidence for one or more Dyson product categories. Build expertise in those categories, know the technology.
- Develop the claim substantiation strategy for each project from early milestones and work with RDD to tune product specs and validate suitable test methods
- Represent Dyson at International Standards working groups such as IEC or ASTM. Formulate and agree Dyson position on individual issues. Use RDD resource to generate data for meetings to qualify our position.
- Assist local markets in designing region-specific research with local partner organisations to facilitate new product endorsement/advocacy or novel claims
- Coach commercial managers in local advertising law requirements, and limitations and constraints on substantiation and subsequent claim language
- Horizon-scan for opportunities for new endorsement partners/schemes or Dyson product advocates. Identify credible partners and develop scheme structure, negotiate costs, and build in stretching targets to ideally secure exclusivity for Dyson
- Identify and commission external test houses capable of running standard tests and bespoke methods as new product categories come online. Develop working practices, including job tracking and test scheduling and ensure timely, cost-effective and accurate delivery of reports
- Attend calls and meetings with external legal counsel to explain complex detail of Dyson technologies, test methods and comparative data that supports our claims prior to launch or in defence of challenges
- Represent Dyson as expert technical witness in court or depositions
- Attend weekly category cross-team meetings with senior managers to represent CSI issues and opinion
- Attend senior management reviews to provide testing and standards insight and to challenge their opinion/suggestions
- Degree-qualified scientist or engineer in relevant subject area; ideally have 3-5 years of industrial experience
- Technical expertise and the ability to understand the impact of regulations or new test metrics on our claims
- Demonstrable analytical prowess - able to scrutinise claims and copy and identify subtleties, flaws and inferences that might enable others to challenge the validity of Dyson advertising
- Engaging, showing exceptional communication skills to influence diverse audiences and bring clarity where confusion reigns
- Strategic thinking to identify opportunities and develop new test methods that will benefit our product categories and may influence consumer magazines and standards bodies
- Self-starter able to pick things up and happy to explore opportunities without a rigid framework and prioritise.
- The ability to see connections between internal technical developments, standards and current legal challenges – both inbound and outbound
- Flexible - willing to take on new challenges. Open minded and not wedded to traditional ways of doing things. Must be able to nurture relationships with markets and be empathetic to their position whilst promoting best practice/ Dyson policy.
- A stickler for detail as well as being able to look at the bigger picture