- MYR Competitive
- Claims and Insights, Communications
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
- Lead scientific method development for new and existing claims areas in all Dyson business categories, aiding the delivery of stronger, or new, commercial claims areas/intents;
- Work with internal research teams, 3rd party contract research organisations, test laboratories, academic laboratories, and approval bodies to develop, perform and accredit new methodologies for Dyson commercial claims;
- When relevant, attend scientific conferences and symposiums to expand academic contacts and gain details of new and relevant methodologies for use in claim substantiation;
- Be a technical consultant for the claims team, wider commercial, and legal for claims areas requiring scientific substantiation;
- Provide scientific advice, where relevant, on the Claims roadmaps;
- Advise the business on the financial cost of potential scientific substantiation routes for evaluation against the claim’s business case;
- Work with the External Affairs function to influence standards makers and regulators in the creation of new standards and regulations when required.
- Feedback results from new methodologies in appropriate brevity to the Research, RDD and Commercial teams.
There is a need to develop an increasing number of Dyson test methods which are consumer representative and demonstrate our technology to the fullest. To this end, we seek a scientist with demonstrable experience in building robust methods and scientific principles to support our claims.
Alongside the above, we seek applications from individuals with the following skills and experience:
- Min Degree qualified (engineering/ science/ numerate area) with Min 7 years of related experience.
- Postgraduate scientist with a background in consumer, sensory and analytical test methodologies encouraged to apply
- Experience of publishing in peer reviewed journals
- In-depth knowledge of setting-up/ commissioning scientific experiments/ research both for internal and external testing including knowledge of gauge repeatability and reproducibility (R&R)
- Good working knowledge of inter-laboratory correlation methods
- Expert knowledge of scientific method development, analysing scientific data to support global claims.
- Good knowledge of systems such as SharePoint to enable further development of claims processes.
- Strong numeracy skills and demonstrable ability to analyse data.