- Claims and Insights
- Amsterdam - The Netherlands
Our mission is to interpret the owner voice; differentiating Dyson technology with compelling proof! We work in the hub of the action; interfacing between RDD, Commercial and business functions; we are the cement between the bricks of the Dyson product development framework. We thrive on the technical challenges associated with establishing convincing proposition through to superior product offering.
To be successful within the Claims, Standards and Insights team you need to be a team player with imagination and a good work ethic. Our responsibility includes testing based on relevant local and international regulation and standards. Local expertise is essential to the business for successful monitoring and guidance; ensuring all Dyson products meet business expectations. We work closely with consultants, agencies other independent and accredited test service providers.
As technical individuals within a fast-paced creative environment you will need to manage your stakeholders and their expectations. Your input will help steer projects through the development milestone process and work with local marketing teams to implement profitable range and pricing strategies and manage successful product launches. Business success will depend on the part you play!
About the role
To support the Claims, Standards and Insights Team in a variety of areas, this shall include, but not by way of limitation, the following: -
- Bring improved understanding of the interpretation of authority and local retailers on the leverage of standards in regulating performance requirements and monitoring manufacturers’ claims.
- Specific focus and attention on European national standards across all Dyson business categories and update changes to Global CSI/ Category teams.
- Attendance at external groups including technical standard committees and trade association meetings for all Dyson products as required.
- Able to represent Dyson position in sometimes challenging circumstances.
- Collaboration with local Brand teams to understand local priorities for EMEA.
- Work with Global CSI to translate these requirements into feasible claims.
- Act as lead for NPD claims development as appropriate.
- Be a technical consultant to advise local marketing on the appropriate translation of technical wording, approve claims translated in relevant languages and prepare claims substantiation document for local censorship.
- Evaluating Dyson product compliance to performance standards and applicable international standards.
- Determining product performance test scope, developing a preliminary plan of investigation, and advising project specifications (including cost, lead time, and sample requirements) by analysing product category, available supplemental data, product specification and construction.
- Responsible for the performance certification process for EMEA range of products to applicable standards.
- For developing and managing all performance testing, test plans and reports and ensuring design for performance.
- Ensuring all test activities are carried out strictly according to the appropriate international test standards.
- Technical examination of test samples and analysis of measuring instruments, blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, and operational instructions.
- Evaluation of test performance, providing feedback to project design team regarding issues and/ or problems with test, data sheets and reviews test and construction data issued by relevant Testing Bodies.
- Responsible for problem-solving during product testing to completion of certification/ endorsement and close collaboration with CSI team (UK) and project teams where test concerns/ failures exist.
- Collaboration with approval agencies and 3rd party test laboratories for the purposes of obtaining testing, evaluation services and product certification/ endorsement.
- Regular meetings with test houses to maintain good relationships; review testing capacity and acquire standards update as well as gauging industrial trends.
- Collaboration with company country distributors for countries product performance approval/ certificate renewal application.
- Actively seeking opportunities to collaborate with potential local consumer bodies, industrial associations and accredited institutes for performance endorsements.
- Offering technical training for the local team to help them understand Dyson technology and product performance including on-site technical support during local product launch events.
- Working closely with local Legal, Sales and PR teams to deal with challenge cases as and when relevant.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree/ Masters in Engineering/ Science related subject or equivalent.
- Candidates with more than 8 years of work experience with engineering/ product development background in consumer goods industry or international testing and accreditation companies are preferred.
- Well versed with product performance certification in Europe.
- Experience in product performance testing according to applicable International Standards.
- Previous experience in dealing with product certification, agencies and 3rd party test laboratories.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Excellent ability to understand and formally discuss contents of a high volume of international standards.
- Attention to detail with a good working knowledge of the technical vocabulary common to the appropriate discipline.
- Highly motivated, internally driven individual with good communication skills, planning and organizing capabilities and able to work within a team.
- Able to work independently without supervision. A self-starter and a problem solver.
- Persistent, challenging approach; confident and skilled to challenge current working assumptions of others. Able to constructively question, present arguments and evidence, and influence others to revise their views.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to travel extensively within EMEA with occasional visits to the Dyson UK office.
Desirable skills & experience:
- Experience of end-to-end market insight collaboration platform.
- Knowledge of direct trading and systems for digital copy approval.
- Model checking skills for the delivery of research peer review.
- Company Bonus Scheme OR Performance related bonus
- Discount on Dyson products
- Company Pension scheme
- 29 days annual holiday plan
- Company Fitness plan
- EAP (Employee Assistant Programme)
- Life Assurance Plan
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.