- Information Technology
- India - Bangalore Sales Office
At Dyson we are focused on solving the problems that others have ignored; solving them first using our technology and ingenuity. In order to achieve this, we need to pioneer technologies that are different and authentic. This is the core of what we do and who we are. We must strive to create the future, every single day by developing new things, different things, things that go against the grain with a diverse and global team of ingenious minds.
Dyson employs over 14,000 people and is present in more than 80 countries. And while we are growing fast, we want Dyson to remain a start-up in spirit with the freedom of experimentation and learning, constantly reinventing our products as well as reinventing how we work, how we sell and how we support our owners. Our philosophy remains the same as it was almost 30 years ago when James Dyson invented the first cyclonic vacuum cleaner. We remain family-owned. We don’t bow to outside shareholders or report to the stock exchange. Instead we plot our own path, unshackled from conventional thinking.
A career at Dyson is an adventure. It’s challenging, stretching and not for the faint-hearted. Underlining everything we do in this diverse environment is the need to always show respect, supporting each other as one team to overcome whatever challenges we encounter. We drive empowerment, development and equality in an inclusive environment for our people around the world.
About the role:
You are an independent problem-solver who is self-directed and capable of exhibiting deftness to handle multiple simultaneous competing priorities and deliver solutions in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain accurate, up-to-date documentation reflecting configuration, and responsible for writing justifications, training users in complex topics, writing status reports, documenting procedures, and interacting with other Apple staff and management.
- Analyze the technology options/feasibility and define the build, delivery, and deployment pipeline for applications
- Provide leadership in implementing a secure, robust and high availability DevOps pipeline
- Automate build & deployment processes
- Work closely with engineers, QA, project managers throughout the software lifecycle in optimally delivering outstanding, large scale systems
- Implement push button deployment at scale with zero downtime
- Writing scripts for service quality analysis, monitoring and operation
- Designing procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Investigating and resolving technical issues by deploying updates/ fixes
- Implementing automation tools and frameworks for automatic code deployment (CI/CD)
- Quality control and management of the code base
- Experience in Source control management such as Git, Github
- Hands-on in scripting languages, Java, RDBMS (Oracle/MySQL) and Message queues
- Cloud Concepts and hands-on experience with at-least one Public Cloud Providers such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Working knowledge of containerization (Docker), and supporting technologies
- Experience with Orchestration tools like Kubernetes, Swarm, Mesos
- Knowledge of web servers and load balancers such as Apache HTTP Server, Nginx, HAProxy
- Experience working with server clusters consisting of 100s-1000s of machines, and deploying changing with zero downtime
- A desire to write tools and applications to automate work rather then do things manually
- Familiarity with Splunk for investigating or monitoring problems on systems
- Experience maintaining large clusters using configuration tools such as: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt
- UNIX and Linux system administration experience
- Ability to use and build web applications using REST, JSON, or similar protocols.
- Experience test frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG and integrating test automation into DevOps pipeline
- Proactive and solution-oriented individual
- Must have good oral/written communication skills
- Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent field with 5+ years or MS degree with 3+ years experience, or equivalent
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.