- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our support teams, we’re proud to be different. And importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth.
Our IT team provides modern solutions that help to remove complexity and drive efficiency as our business changes and grows. The way we function is constantly evolving and becoming more digital, with an ever-increasing number of new platforms and tools available. The team works with the whole business to understand what solutions they need, from digital and infrastructure services globally to project delivery and operational support.
About the role
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
As Cloud Migration Lead, you’ll assist with creating cloud migration strategies, define delivery architecture, create the migration plans, design the orchestration plans, assist in creating and executing of migration run books and more.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Participating in designing, building and/or testing cloud infrastructure focused solutions.
- Determining source cloud (Physical, Virtual and Cloud) and target Workloads.
- Configuring Cloud migration platforms and capturing migration requirements.
- Troubleshooting whilst working closely with Operations, Support, Engineering etc. to ensure successful migrations.
- Leading the best technical approach decisions (ex. re-host, re-platform, re-factor, and others) and formulate an effective strategy.
- Leading and performing readiness assessment and planning engagements.
- Applying a range of discovery, workload profiling, schema conversion and live and off-line tools.
- Creating detailed plans, estimate efforts and define the required project team for large programs (and translate these into professional services proposals).
- Understanding and mitigating risks faced by technical, operational and business stakeholders (including understanding how to minimize disruptions to business functions including Customer Support and Operations).
- Leading and working with cross-functional teams to evaluate, provide insight and drive strategic outcomes.
This role will be based full time on-site, either at our state-of-the-art technology campus in Malmesbury, Wiltshire or at our office in Bristol (City Centre).
You’ll have extensive and in-depth experience within Infrastructure (Server, Storage, and Database) discovery, design, build, and migration experience. In addition, you’ll have extensive Project Management experience serving as a team lead, technical lead and/or delivery lead.
Key requirements include:
- Proven experience in successfully managing and delivering large and complex end-to-end business application migration to cloud projects.
- Previous experience in legacy application modernization and Cloud migrations.
- Previous experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements.
- Experience of Datacenter migration
- Experience of Datacenter Operations Management
- Application Lifecycle Management
- Technology Lifecycle Management (TLM)
- Server Operating Systems (e.g. Microsoft Windows, Unix, Linux, etc.)
- Storage (EMC, NetAp, Glacier, S3, etc.)
- Virtualization Platforms (e.g. VMWare, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Cloud Computing and Storage (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Workload Migration Automation Tools (Double-Take, Racemi, etc.)
- Cloud Management Platforms (vRealize, Gravitant, etc.)
Desirable requirements include:
- AWS/GCP/MS Azure Cloud Technology
- Cloud Management: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Agile Project Management (e.g. Jira/Confluence/Scrum Framework)
- Experience in leading infrastructure discovery and assessments working with Architecture team
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham and Swindon
- 27 days’ holiday (plus public holidays)
- Ability to purchase additional holidays
- Free parking on-site (excluding Bristol)
- On-site hair salon, sports centre and gym – all free
- Free lunch and free, (unlimited) hot drinks and fruit
- Free on-site Lifestyle Assist service (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
Health & Wellbeing
- Private medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Assessments
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free GP service (both on-site and digital)
- Free gym, fitness classes and wellbeing centre on-site
- Fertility treatment and menopause support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.