- Software Engineering and Connectivity
- Bristol, Hullavington - United Kingdom
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our engineering approach starts with different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way. Today we employ more than 5,800 people around the world in software engineering, mechanical engineering and science-related roles.
Connected machines are a growing space for Dyson where we aim to continue our reputation of being innovative and disruptive. We’re growing our world-class software development team to ensure we can deliver our ambitious vision for our connected machines. The team have full responsibility for delivery of the Dyson Link platform to production, including new features, integrations and territories.
About the roleReporting to the Head of Cloud Software you will hold a key role within the development team, helping to deliver new features and product integrations in the Dyson Link platform. You will collaborate with colleagues within our function and across the wider business to provide requirements, context and prioritisation to the development team.
- Representing stakeholders, including Dyson owners, you will bring their needs to the development team. Using your clear focus and drive for delivery, you will prioritise the team backlog across multiple sources, parties and projects ensuring the right work gets done at the right time.
- You will become the go-to subject matter expert for your area of the Dyson Link platform, working to align on our sprint delivery plans within Scrum teams and help define wider integration plans across the Dyson RDD organisation by owning the higher-level roadmap for your area.
- Authoring, clarifying and refining User Stories, Epics and non-functional requirements with the development team.
- You have experience of Agile Product Ownership with demonstrable success delivering software and systems in a fast-paced consumer market. You might also be a developer with PO experience looking to move into a full time PO role.
- As a skilled communicator, you’ll be able to collaborate across teams and geography to capture user stories for new features and communicate progress appropriately at all levels.
- Breadth of technical knowledge across software delivery, ideally with a cloud / backend focus, is a must for this role: you'll need to be a self-starter and able to drive early concepts through to production.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, you strive to understand the core of the problem or opportunity facing you before helping guide the team to a solution that delivers the optimal outcome within the constraints.
- Experience of using agile practices at scale is desirable.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.