- Design and Development
- Singapore - St James Power Station Headquarters
As part of the New Product Innovation (NPI) expansion, Dyson is looking to hire CMF Designers at various levels to join the Design and Product Experience team based in Southeast Asia (SEA). You will be responsible for creatively generating and developing CMF concepts and to deliver final design of colours, materials and finishes for Dyson products in relation to the overall Design and company strategy. You will work closely within a newly established and growing CMF Design team in SEA as well as cross functioning with the UK CMF Design and Product Experience teams, all focused on making the owner experience the best it can be and in-keeping with Dyson’s reputation.
About the role
- Own the CMF Design of our products through various stages of development, and into production.
- Present CMF Design at executive level and represent CMF Design in SEA Design Reviews.
- Manage internal communications with global RDD, Commercial, Quality, Engineering and programme functions for project success.
- Communication of CMF Design using visuals and models.
- Responsible for generating CMF design specifications, project and material development timing plans, mastering of material samples.
- Generate processes for seamless CMF Development in collaboration with engineering, quality and procurement internal functions.
- Manage workflows relating to material development and mastering for production.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with external suppliers.
- Work closely with production suppliers to develop feasible materials within cost and time constraints.
- Manage and mentor a small group of CMF designers (if applicable at your level).
- A degree in Textile Design, Colour and Material Design, Product or Industrial Design or equivalent.
- Highly motivated and collaborative – taking ownership of projects and at the same time, being objective and responsive to feedback.
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative with the ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbally and visually.
- Ability to assess project risks impacting CMF Design and recommend mitigations.
- Possess a good understanding of various production processes & engineering processes – how they influence design and fabrication.
- Superior colour vision and eye for detail. Ability to travel if required.
- Software Tools – Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, KeyShot, VRed, Office Suite including PowerPoint and Excel.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.