- Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson are looking for a creative and curious CMF Designer to join our CMF Design team. You will be involved in every aspect of the CMF design journey and be responsible for supporting the development of CMF concepts to enable the delivery of final design of colours, materials and finishes for Dyson products in relation to the overall Design and company strategy.
You will work closely within a newly established and growing CMF Design team, all focused on making the owner experience the best it can be and in-keeping with Dyson’s reputation.
About the role
- Ideation and development of colours, materials and finishes to realise CMF Design narratives.
- Assist in the creation of category leading CMF Design of our products from concept, through various stages of development, and into production.
- Support in sourcing and maintaining a comprehensive internal library of inspirational, advanced, and relevant materials and finishes, and CMF design Masters.
- Have an base understanding of both soft and hard material developments.
- Support in discovering new resources for materials to aid in enhancing innovation.
- Work collaboratively with the wider Design and Product Experience Team to promote world-leading design
- Develop and maintain good relationships with internal teams including global RDD, Commercial, Quality, Engineering and programme functions for project success.
- Communication of CMF Design using visuals and models.
- Takes an active role in growing the CMF function at Dyson.
- A degree in Textile Design, Colour and Material Design, Product or Industrial Design or equivalent.
- 0-3+ years professional CMF experience.
- Highly motivated and collaborative – keen to learn and be part of a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative with the ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbally and visually.
- Comfortable with ‘failure’ in the context of multiple iterations of testing and learning.
- Superior colour vision and eye for detail.
- Ability to travel if required.
- Software Tools – Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, KeyShot, VRed, Office Suite including PowerPoint and Excel.
- 27 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on site Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.