- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
About the role
Dyson is looking for a creative and curious CMF Designer to join our CMF Design team. You will be involved in every aspect of the CMF design journey and be responsible for supporting the development of CMF concepts to enable the delivery of final design of colours, materials and finishes for Dyson products in relation to the overall Design and company strategy.
You will work closely within a newly established and growing CMF Design team, all focused on making the owner experience the best it can be and in-keeping with Dyson’s reputation.
- Ideation and development of colours, materials and finishes to realise CMF Design narratives.
- Assist in the creation of category leading CMF Design of our products from concept, through various stages of development, and into production.
- Support in sourcing and maintaining a comprehensive internal library of inspirational, advanced, and relevant materials and finishes, and CMF design Masters.
- Have an base understanding of both soft and hard material developments.
- Support in discovering new resources for materials to aid in enhancing innovation.
- Work collaboratively with the wider Design and Product Experience Team to promote world-leading design
- Develop and maintain good relationships with internal teams including global RDD, Commercial, Quality, Engineering and programme functions for project success.
- Communication of CMF Design using visuals and models.
- Takes an active role in growing the CMF function at Dyson.
- A degree in Textile Design, Colour and Material Design, Product or Industrial Design or equivalent.
- Professional CMF experience.
- Highly motivated and collaborative – keen to learn and be part of a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative with the ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbally and visually.
- Comfortable with ‘failure’ in the context of multiple iterations of testing and learning.
- Superior colour vision and eye for detail.
- Ability to travel if required.
- Software Tools – Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, KeyShot, VRed, Office Suite including PowerPoint and Excel.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.