- £Competitive + bonus
- Product Design
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Dyson are looking for an experienced CMF Senior Leader to oversee the Global CMF Design team and Lead the CMF Function. This role is responsible for all outputs of the CMF Design team and for aligning the CMF Design vision to company strategy and road-map. This role manages CMF Design from research and design concept through to production across all product categories.
The CMF team is a newly established function at Dyson and requires a leader with vision for how the function can develop and excel at Dyson, maintaining the momentum for this valued discipline within the Design and Product Experience team, focusing on making the owner experience the best it can be and in-keeping with Dyson’s reputation.
About the role
- Lead the Global CMF Design team and function, inspiring best practice and motivating the team to generate innovative CMF Design output.
- Establish networks and manage relationships for the CMF function internally and within our supply chains, existing and potential.
- Work collaboratively with Global Head of Design and other Heads of departments and VPs to elevate CMF Design function and maintain consistent high quality design deliverables.
- Experienced and skilled presenter, responsible for delivering Design presentations to the highest level.
- Inspire and encourage innovative CMF Design from the team whilst guiding designers within cost and timing frameworks for project delivery.
- Maintain a high level of design insights knowledge to ensure contemporary and innovative design delivery.
- Lead CMF Strategy for all categories and align with commercial strategies.
- Propose and manage department budget.
- A degree in Textile Design, Colour and Material Design, Product or Industrial Design or equivalent.
- Proven experience professional CMF experience.
- Highly motivated and collaborative
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative with the ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbally and visually.
- Ability to assess project risks impacting CMF Design and recommend mitigations.
- Possess a thorough understanding of various production processes & engineering processes – how they influence design and fabrication.
- Possess a thorough understanding of supplier relationships and supply chain.
- Software Tools – Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, KeyShot, VRed, Office Suite including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to travel if required.
- 27 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Free on site Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.