- Information Technology
- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood with an additional office in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
The DWS in which this role is aligned exists to deliver world class Service Desk and End User Computing Services to Dyson’s global employees (circa 16,500 users). The team ensures ITIL aligned governance and standards are adhered to across all aspects of IT globally. They drive continual improvement into the end user services space in light with Dyson’s growth and establish and maintain strong relationships with the business, ensuring regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and service issues.
About the role:
Reporting to the Global Collaboration Manager, you will play a key role in ensuring our collaboration technologies are supported and adopted across departments. You will be responsible for:
Evangelizing collaboration technologies-
- Using your niche skillset and expertise to guide on the potential use of collaboration technologies within the business
- Communicating and guiding users to adopt best practices for use of all approved collaboration technologies
- Designing and delivering training in multiple forms (self-assistance documentation, video training, in-person training, knowledge articles, etc) for all employees in your assigned area on collaboration technologies
- Managing multiple small projects through to completion simultaneously with minimal guidance
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with internal customers, partners and team members
- Provide advice and guidance to all levels of the business and work with senior stake holders where necessary
- Providing outstanding customer experiences to internal customers at all touchpoints
Solution Design and Development-
- Advising internal customers on solution design best practices and becoming the go-to-person for collaboration technologies guidance
- Serving as the initial point of contact for all solution requests from your assigned area.
- Gather and help define requirements
- Determine whether the requested solution would be best suited as a front-end configuration or needs to be escalated to a formal customization project
- Work with the internal customer to explore the use of out of the box technologies to solve their business needs
- Ensure complex solution requests are initiated into the project pipeline and serve as SME through the life of the project
- Designing and building simple solutions to solve business needs using out of the box capabilities
Service and Support-
- Becoming the go-to-person for internal customer questions, inquiries and challenges
- Determining when an issue should be escalated through incident response teams
- Serving as the liaison between the business and IT issues resolution teams as needed to ensure issues are resolved
- Working closely with the business to help drive the Dyson Blueprint
- Contribute and be part of medium and large projects within and outside of the Collaboration Team
- Understanding other business areas priorities to help them understand where New Technology can help them achieve their goals.
- You will be required to resolve complex problems with the Collaboration technology space
- You will be responsible for making important day to day decisions to but with guidance from the Global Collaboration Manager when needed for longer term impact
- Acting as a resource for colleagues with little no experience in the Collaboration tools space
- Will support, guide and help manage any Graduates in the local market team
- You must be an effective communicator who has the ability to conceptualize, plan, document and communicate effectively. You will possess positive energy and passion for collaboration technologies, develop value added service definitions and help lead change.
- Expertise and experience in Microsoft communication, workflow and collaboration tools and Enterprise social networking tools
- Strong knowledge of the best available tools, software, applications and systems that support collaboration technologies
- Excellent knowledge of SharePoint 2013
- Excellent Knowledge of SharePoint Online and Microsoft Teams
- In-depth knowledge of all other Office 365
- Strong familiarity with the Microsoft Power Platform especially Power Apps and Power Automate
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with intense drive to learn and adopt
- Working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and Agile project management
- ITIL service management awareness or certification
- Advanced communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Future focused approach to collaboration technology and a passion for discovering new ways of working
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree preferred or equivalent experience.
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.