- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Our Environmental Care category is now over ten years old; inaugurated by the world’s first bladeless fan and now focused on market-leading air treatment and connected lighting technology. As a category, our vision is to improve the well-being of millions of Dyson owners each year through better technology. And to become a trusted voice in air quality.
About the roleWe have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Executive to work on a ground-breaking new product category. This role paves the way for brand new technology being brought to market – different approaches, expanding to different audiences and fresh challenges. The role will involve a breadth of Commercial experience, from business case building, to supporting on the Direct proposition and working with RDD on a world first product. Working closely with our Engineering, Insights, Campaign, Creative, Direct, and Owner Experience teams - and in collaboration with Commercial EC teams across global markets - the EC Commercial Executive will be responsible for supporting the delivery of a strategically aligned product proposition for the category.
Key accountabilities are to include:
- Briefing and ownership of Go-to-Market product strategy. Includes product proposition, ranging, accessories, launch planning, media and target audiences.
- Close working with RDD to be up to date with product performance, specification and features.
- Close working with Claims & Performance and Legal to ensure alignment on market-leading product claims and testing requirements.
- Close working with Graphics and Packaging team on box solution and operational elements.
- 1-2 years product marketing experience.
- Ability to understand and translate complex product technology into a commercially viable proposition for global markets.
- Be the voice of Commercial in a multitude of forums such as cross-functional channel meetings, weekly calls with key markets and stakeholder reviews.
- Experience of employing data and insights to support and drive decisions with stakeholders.
- Organised, engaged, relentless and commercially astute with the potential to generate and stimulate ideas and opportunities.
- Not afraid to get into the detail and get stuck into a range of tasks.
- Strong project management and planning skills – ability to collaborate with a range of teams including Engineering, Legal, Campaign and Market teams.
- Exceptional team player with credibility and integrity to earn peer, senior management and cross-functional team confidence quickly, who is flexible and willing to go beyond job description.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Proven ability to juggle a large workload, responds quickly to changing priorities and ensures that deliverables are completed on time and with senior stakeholder agreement.
- Understands how to manage change – both across product and legal landscape.
- Understanding of working across a range of markets and market outlooks.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.