Our global reputation is priceless and it always hangs on what we do next. Dyson is a unique technology enterprise. We pioneer. Our biggest category today didn’t even exist a few years ago. Our next biggest category? That could be where you come in.
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty-five years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with over 9,000 people and a presence in over 80 countries. From GB to Singapore and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 100 million machines.
Our Environmental Care category is now over ten years old; inaugurated by the world’s first bladeless fan and now focused on market-leading air treatment and connected lighting technology. As a category, our vision is to improve the well-being of millions of Dyson owners each year through better technology and to become a trusted voice in air quality.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Manager to work on a ground-breaking new product category. This role paves the way for brand new technology being brought to market - different approaches, expanding to different audiences, and fresh challenges. The role will involve a breadth of Commercial experience, from business case building, to defining Direct proposition and working with RDD on a world first product. Working closely with our Engineering, Insights, Creative, Direct, and Owner Experience teams - and in collaboration with global markets - the EC Commercial Manager will be responsible for the delivery of a strategically aligned product proposition for the category.
Key accountabilities are to include:
* Definition, briefing and ownership of Go-to-Market strategy for exciting new product category - a first for Dyson. Includes product proposition, ranging, accessories, launch planning, media and target audiences.
* Work in partnership with RDD on project delivery, translating product specification into compelling owner communications.
* Close working with Claims & Performance and Legal to ensure alignment on market-leading product claims and testing requirements.
* Building of global financial business case, with knowledge of how changes to the product proposition and current pandemic situation can impact this.
* +3 years product marketing experience.
* Ability to translate complex product technology into a commercially viable proposition for global markets.
* Be the voice of Commercial in a multitude of forums: RDD milestones, cross-functional channel meetings, stakeholder reviews, market immersions.
* Experience of employing data and insights to support and drive decisions with stakeholders across product and ranging. Ability to persuade and negotiate across a range of seniority levels.
* Organised, engaged, relentless and commercially astute with the potential to generate and stimulate ideas and opportunities.
* Able to make time sensitive decisions under pressure.
* Strong project management and planning skills - ability to work across range of teams including Engineering, Legal, Campaign and Market teams.
* Exceptional team player with credibility and integrity to earn peer, senior management and cross-functional team confidence quickly, who is flexible and willing to go beyond job description.
* Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
* Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and ensure that deliverables are completed on time and with senior stakeholder agreement.
* Understands how to manage change - both across product and legal landscape.
* Understanding of working across a range of markets and market outlooks.
* 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
* Pension scheme
* Performance related bonus
* Private medical insurance
* Life assurance
* Sport centre
* Free on-site parking
* Subsidised café and restaurants
* Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us