- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the roleCommercial or Senior Commercial Manager (we are open to the specific level of this role)
This role is responsible for representing two of Dysons strategically important regions – EMEA and Americas - at a global level. They are the voice of the market at group including commercial reviews and a key enabler to market success. Market Commercial Managers provide support across all aspects of commercial planning and delivery, representing market needs internally, championing requests and facilitating positive market / Group interactions.
Key responsibilities include:
Market immersion; consumer & competitor insight:
- Develop a deep understanding of key markets, including but not limited to: Cultural/social/political context, key trends, audience attitudes, usage and behaviour, competitive set, market performance, media landscape, retailer environment. Develop and maintain local market / region ‘playbooks’ that act as go-to sources of insight, up to date KPI reporting and inspiration for product and creative development.
- Be the voice of the consumer in the region, bringing to life our target segments and audiences. Be able to concisely articulate the specific ‘Jobs to be Done’ to all stakeholders and work with them on the most actionable insights to inform go to market plans, ensuring that Dyson points of difference are elevated to all touchpoints.
- Lead competitor tracking working alongside the competitor team. Know the landscape inside out and present regular updates to the business including quarterly review sessions with RDD.
- Partnering with markets to shape commercially robust annual Haircare plans and respond to risks / ops in-year. Leverage monthly financial reporting, existing tableau reports and quarterly marketing reviews to identify specific actions to be taken, gaining buy-in from senior stakeholders to put your plans into action.
- Lead regional campaign development that solve real consumer problems at a market / regional level, often partnering with CoE or Group mission teams to drive core business performance. Work with local market teams and local mindshare to guide media planning, rooted in performance media insight. Build asset lists that ensure we are optimising creative resource against the most valuable deliverables. Partner with key personnel in local markets and CoE to deliver against defined KPIs
- Lead NPD extensions and rollout into the region / market leveraging campaign & media learnings from initial launch markets to develop an adapted launch support program that delivers the maximum return on investment. Influence NPD delivery, feeding in market insights to NPD team to shape campaign delivery.
- Global NPD launch readiness: Work with NPD team to share market expectations , develop winning Go-To-Market plans, and identify the appropriate points to engage with markets for feedback.
- Ensuring BBI spend requirements for launched products (outside of NPD) are accurate and represents market requirements for full year, identifying risks and opportunities within the full year plan.
- Working with the Head of Markets in understanding our core technologies and the overarching range strategy. Provide guidance on the submission and approvals process as required, ultimately ensuring the range reflects market strategic priorities and is in line with Group principles.
- Monthly financial reviews, market share data tracking, competitor intelligence
- Work with local markets to set up continual reporting on performance: be able to confidently articulate what’s working, what’s not and how this is impacting the business. Prepare and action responses with cross functional Group / CoE / market teams.
- Have fluent understanding of market competitor machines and competitor go to market strategies and use this insight to drive Group action in order to pre-empt any negative impact to Dyson, exploiting their weaknesses while focussing on our strengths.
- Be a champion of the markets internally and be seen as an extension of the local market team. Create a collaborative and effective relationship where market insight is actively sought and acted upon and Group actions / decisions are well communicated and understood.
- Lead quarterly summits, weekly calls + bulletins. Provide support wherever needed and share best practice between markets and regions wherever possible.
About youWe are open to specific level of this role and therefore the level of your experience
- Self-motivated, clear with direction and communication
- Demonstrable success as a Commercial Manager or very similar background/role
- A true Dyson ambassador who inspires, engages and brings other on the journey
- The ability to execute work of the highest standard across multiple projects and changeable deadlines
- Collaborative stakeholder management qualities
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.