- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
This vital role in the Global Go To Market organisation (responsible for global marketing strategy, ranging and campaigns) reports into the Head of NPD within the hair care category.
A fundamental part of what we do, is the development of new, innovative and pioneering technology. You will work closely with the extensive internal creative, legal, claims and engineering teams to bring this technology to life through launch strategies and campaigns. You will work closely with the Programme Management function to ensure projects are delivered in a timely and process compliant manner.
The role takes ownership for developing launch strategies and campaigns - in particular your focus will be on working closely with the engineering and research teams on product development, alongside building the launch campaign consisting of media planning, ATL, social and digital assets and ensuring we deliver innovation in our marketing support of NPD to match the innovation in our new machines. The role will see you working closely with a broad range of internal creative, market teams and external agencies and is critical in ensuring that our products and campaigns are visible in a cluttered media and retail landscape. Commercial managers on NPD will bring our complex and new engineering stories to life with relatable consumer messages and landing the key points of difference, all whilst continuing to build on the strong, distinctive tone of voice for Dyson, to explain why Dyson.
About the Role
- Work closely with the Head of NPD and Head of Markets to define the commercial approach for a new product launch. This includes:
- Review and analyse previous launches to determine key success drivers.
- Work with markets team to ensure the range is fit for purpose across all our markets.
- Brief ownership for the campaign, aligning with markets team on commercial campaign objectives and scope.
- Work closely with claims and legal teams to develop and deploy a claims plan to bring exciting new claims to the NPD campaign. This includes:
- Define the most compelling way to market NPD and through DCR process, refine the claims for the campaign
- Work with claims team to deliver the product claims
- Working as part of the claims working group to bring a commercial view to the test plan and timings plan against assets.
- Work closely with the product development teams (RDD) in Malmesbury and Singapore to bring a Commercial lense to the cross-team. This includes:
- Developing commercial and product lead strategies for launch profiles
- Working closely with the RDD launch planning teams to develop launch and volume recommendations
- Working closely with RDD and finance teams to build solid business cases against the NPD GTM strategy
- Work with the channel teams (media, digital, direct, retail) team to get Stakeholder alignment on the campaign scope. To do this you will:
- Work closely with the internal advertising and media team to create a global media brief before briefing external media agency
- Work closely with retail and Direct teams to ensure all NPD requirements are captured for rollout of the product into 3P and Direct physical stores.
- Create a definitive asset list in partnership with Programme Management from which to brief the channel creatives to ensure seamless consumer journey throughout the campaign. You will be expected to deliver marketing materials in line with launch timings (provided by programme management).
- Complete campaign briefings for the creative channels and key global marketing teams
- Partner with the creative team to identify the right visual identity, lead creative and supporting market specific requirements for the campaign. Within the role you will be expected to:
- Regularly meet with creative leads and copy team to deliver first class creative executions for review in Dyson Creative Review (DCR)
- Attend DCR as required to represent the commercial rationale
- Work with legal and claims to ensure all campaign creative executions meet our high standards of substantiation
- Oversee the development of the project campaign kit and present to market leads.
- Work alongside the Programme team to ensure all assets are delivered in a timely manner to the transcreation agency.
- Lead fortnightly regional launch readiness calls with the markets to share latest WIP creative and delivery timings
- Provide regular updates for CCO and Creative Director on progress on campaign development
- Work alongside PR, Markets and Markets teams to ensure strong launch and execution plans are in place in markets to launch NPD campaigns:
- Ensure launch plans align with Global approach
- Ensure appropriate journeys and assets support the media plan for NPD launch
- Encourage markets to order assets from transcreation agency in a timely manner to ensure strong x-channel execution from launch
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrate a passion for Dyson products - understand why they are different and able to translate complex product technology into an engaging consumer proposition
- Organised, engaged and relentless to get the right result. Potential to generate new ideas and see them through to fruition.
- Strong analytical and data manipulation skills. Highly competent on Excel.
- Not afraid to get into the detail and get stuck into a range of tasks.
- Strong organisation and planning skills - able to collaborate with a range of teams including Engineering, Legal, Campaign and Market teams.
- Exceptional team player with credibility and integrity to earn peer, senior management, and cross-functional confidence quickly.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Proven ability to juggle a large workload and can respond quickly to changing priorities. Ensures that deliverables are completed on time and with senior stakeholder agreement.
- Commercially astute, considers what our campaign and creative must do to succeed across our global markets to feed into our messaging, media and go to market plans.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.