- Project and Programme Management
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people
Our Customer Service team forms a direct link between the business and Dyson owners. It helps ensure our owners have the best possible experience using our technology. Owner experience is everything to us. It helps strengthen our reputation and drives advocacy. The team are technology experts, trained to give specialist advice and guidance to solve real problems for people in real time. Over the phone and online, they are ready to respond when new machines and technologies launch. Working to daily targets, they resolve technical queries, provide product information, deliver excellent customer service and upsell.
About The Role
The Registration Product Owner is a key role within the Group Commercial Customer Service team that sets the agenda for the implementation, delivery and enhancements to the owner registration journey to enable enhanced experiences delivered via Salesforce. The role will involve working closely with all upstream systems and Product Owners to ensure that the right information flows to Salesforce to enable registration enhancements.
The Registration Product Owner will also develop a future focus strategy that looks to improve and advance the registration processes in line with industry best practice and also investigates emerging capabilities for the evolution of Dyson owner registration. This will be achieved by sharing a clear vision with stakeholders, managing a groomed backlog, and working to influence fellow Product Owners to ensure this vision gets prioritised across multiple systems.
The Product Owner core capabilities are as follows:
- Works with markets, IT, technology vendors, Product Owners, and Product Director to define the delivery roadmap.
- Manages a prioritised backlog to ensure we are able to deliver within timeframes to support NPS gains, owner and commercial benefits.
- Can quickly understand various technologies that enable registration and how they interact with Salesforce.
- Maintains a vision for registration and is responsible for communicating that vision to all stakeholders.
- Works collaboratively with stakeholders to establish an aligned vision for registration
- Works with the BA team to create the full product backlog and will ensure all business requirements are met within the User Stories and Epics defined by the BAs
- Works with the Scrum Master to assign Jira user stories to the correct Design resource
- Has an exceptional understanding of Agile methodologies
- Provides reporting to key team members and senior stakeholders across all of the backlog and project deliverables
- Works with the various insight teams to drive change based on that evidence.
What do they think?
The Registration Product Owner will always have the questions below in the forefront of their minds when making decisions:
- Are we meeting the business capability requirements for registration?
- Are we meeting our owners’ requirements for registration?
- Are we adequately resourced in all areas to deliver against the agreed project roadmap?
- How do we best report progress to the wider business and ensure we are managing risk?
- Are we following the correct Agile methodologies?
- Are projects following process and is the business making informed decisions about them based on transparent and clear data?
- Does the backlog accurately cover all requirements that have been raised and validated?
- Do we have the correct Acceptance criteria on all User Stories?
The Product Owner will ensure that the following are achieved:
- A return on investment
- Demonstrate a measurable impact on registration rates and NPS for all work delivered
- Manage a complete, groomed and prioritised backlog of requirements validated and approved by all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other POs to ensure registration is adequately prioritised alongside other business objectives.
- Clear Acceptance criteria on all User Stories created that meet the requirements.
- Prioritise the Backlog for every Sprint ensuring we deliver against the roadmap
- Provide sign off of deliverables/user stories when complete and where required
- Ensure that we have all stakeholders review and approve requirements through the development cycle
- Attend and participate in the key ceremonies
- Should ensure that Sprint Goals do not change once a Sprint has begun
- Present to and manage stakeholders within the organisation
- Responsible for articulating the Roadmap to the organisation
- A motivated, delivery focussed, efficient scrum, and project management team.
- 3+ years’ experience as a product owner, product manager, or business analyst with a technology-focused organisation
- Track record of leading technical projects through full life cycle from definition to post-launch
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, able to communicate in business and technical terms
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong ability to translate product concepts and ideas into functional requirements
- Understanding of Agile software development.
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bath, Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon)
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair-salon, lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme, digital GP, prescription service, fertility treatment support
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.