- Project and Programme Management
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people
Our Customer Service team forms a direct link between the business and Dyson owners. It helps ensure our owners have the best possible experience using our technology. Owner experience is everything to us. It helps strengthen our reputation and drives advocacy. The team are technology experts, trained to give specialist advice and guidance to solve real problems for people in real time. Over the phone and online, they are ready to respond when new machines and technologies launch. Working to daily targets, they resolve technical queries, provide product information, deliver excellent customer service and upsell
About The Role
The Product Owner is a key role within the Group Commercial Customer Service team that sets the agenda for the definition, delivery and enhancement of solutions that supports owner-centric resolution journeys across our multi-channel engagement platforms, these include Dyson.com, Dyson app, contact centre and repair centre environments.
Over the past two years, to support its business objectives, Dyson has successfully implemented new Cloud Telephony Infrastructure (CTI): Amazon Connect (Telephony) and Calabrio (Quality Management/Workforce Management) products across Americas, UK & Ireland and Australia & New Zealand.
As the Product Owner, you will develop a future-facing vision and strategy for CTI that looks to optimise and enhance the product portfolio in line with business growth and expansion of digital capabilities and platforms to meet and exceed developing customer demand.
As an expert in Cloud Telephony Infrastructure, you will, in conjunction with the Senior Product Owner, create and update the roadmap for future enhancements, and produce compelling business cases to support rollouts of features and products to more markets. Working closely with the vendors’ Customer Success Management teams and markets you will strive to unlock value and drive uplift in customer satisfaction by honing in on our helpline interactions. Through those regular meetings with the vendor, you will work to ensure we are up to date with the features available, that those features meet market expectations and ultimately, we make the most of our CTI.
As with any product, consistency is key to drive quality and accurate reporting. You will provide support to regional teams to establish global best practice and knowledge sharing to elevate customer experiences, improve employee engagement, accelerate sales and retention and improve operational efficiency. Using actionable insight, you will also work with the wider Product Ownership function and cross-functionally to influence other roadmaps and optimise content across other areas (troubleshooting, training, PR, etc.). You will also work with the Insights function to ensure the data available can be consumed by our central reporting tool, Tableau and that the dashboards fulfil stakeholder requirements at Group and regional levels.
As we grow, our technology landscape changes. As the Global Customer Service portfolio of products transforms or expands in time, so will the range of products you may be responsible for.
- Maintains a vision for the product and is responsible for communicating that vision to all stakeholders.
- Works with markets, IT, technology vendors, Senior Product Owner and the Global Head of Customer Service and enhancement programmes to define the delivery roadmap for CTI and other Customer Service products they may be responsible for.
- Works closely with stakeholders to collaboratively develop, evolve and maintain product backlog to ensure we can deliver within timeframes to support NPS gains, owner and commercial benefits that support company objectives.
- Works with Business Analysts to create the refined product backlog and will ensure all business requirements are met within the set Stories and Epics defined by the BAs.
- Work with the Project Managers and Scrum Masters to assign user stories to the correct Design resource.
- Manages the relationship with the community platform vendor
- Has an exceptional understanding of Agile methodologies
- Provides reporting to key team members and senior stakeholders across all of the backlog and project deliverables.
- Works with the various insight teams to drive change based on that evidence.
- Utilises available platform reporting and data, text analytics and customer experience feedback to inform and develop the strategy behind the ongoing evolution of CTI.
- Based on insight, conducts and reports on PoC trials for any new platforms in line with business objectives.
- Ensures integrations are in place to drive maximum value and business efficiency
- Reports on key KPIs and makes recommendations based on data to drive maximum ROI and deliver against business objectives.
- Reports on dependencies and risks from elsewhere in business and external that may affect the roadmap
The Product Owner will ensure that the following are achieved:
- A return on investment
- A measurable NPS impact for all work delivered
- A complete, groomed and prioritised backlog of requirements validated and approved by all stakeholders.
- Clear Acceptance criteria on all User Stories created that meet the requirements.
- Prioritised Backlog for every Sprint ensuring we deliver against the roadmap.
- Sign off deliverables/user stories when complete and where required.
- Should ensure that we have all stakeholders review and approve requirements through the development cycle.
- Should attend and participate in the key scrum ceremonies.
- Should ensure that Sprint Goals do not change once a Sprint has begun
- Present to and manage stakeholders within the organisation
- Responsible for articulating the Roadmap to the organisation
- A motivated, delivery focused, efficient scrum, and project management team.
- Exceptional product knowledge of Cloud Telephony products such as Amazon Connect and Calabrio
- Experience of working in, or knowledge of, agile scrum
- Creative in both problem solving and enhancing support with new ideas
- A positive and impactful communicator
- Ability to make pragmatic decisions about business priorities in a fast-moving environment
- Confident collaborator and leader; able to influence others including senior stakeholders to drive better product
- Good analytical ability and understanding of analytics platforms - Google/Adobe/Tableau
- Strong attention to detail
- 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays )
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Free lunches and hot drinks
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free Hair Salon
- Concierge service
- Electric vehicle lease scheme
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.