- Supplier Relationship Management
- Singapore - Technology Centre
This exciting role is newly created to be part of global operations commercial team, responsible for commercial aspects of Dyson product and category engagement.
Global Operations Commercial team is responsible for Dyson’s Tier 1 Supplier network management. This role is essential as the bridge for connecting Tier 1 Supplier strategy with product strategy for assigned product and category. This role will be engagement from the early stage of product development cycle until Start of Production (SOP).
- Programme Management – the candidate will be managing the Operations commercial deliverables cross-functionally accordingly to the process defined in the product development framework and global supply chain.
- Tier 1 Supplier business Award - Being the centre of gravity in Operations Commercial, the candidate will be managing required inputs for feeding into business award governance, and manage the outputs of the governance.
- Early Supplier Engagement – This role will be actively participating the project level Make. Vs Buy activities, representing tier 1 Suppliers in the forum, making sure the right suppliers and manufacturing processes are identified during this process.
- Product Development Milestone – Representing Operations Commercial team, be actively participating Dyson Operations Phase Review for assigned category.
- Tier 1 Supplier Management – although there is no direct accountability for supplier relationship management, this role is expected to have a holistic understanding of tier 1 supplier capabilities. Specific SOWs will be required from time to time for special programmes relating to specific products, experiences with contract management will be essential for this role.
- Should Cost Management – the candidate will provide guidances to design engineering and wider cross functional team on VAM should cost and total landed cost throughout the engagement.
- Programme Cadence and governance – ensure the right inputs and outputs are collected and generated aligning with the product development and global supply chain processes, including but not limited to Make vs Buy Processes, Tier 1 Supplier business award, localization strategy, automation strategy, multi-sourcing strategy; on time, on cost.
- Cost Management – working closely with finance team, ensure each project are properly managed from total landed cost perspective; be accountable for VAM should cost in the early stage product development processes. Provide VAM cost inputs into product business case.
- Product Category Management – be accountable for developing and maintaining a operations commercial category portfolios, aligning with manufacturing strategy and product strategy for assign category. Chair the cadence and be actively communicating it.
- Contract Management – for any out of normal contract manufacturing services, for example specific part sourcing, design engineering development, electronics outsourcing, DFM/FMEA, reliability testing etc, SOWs will be required to ensure the activities are conducted with the right specifications and legal frameworks. This candidate is responsible to work with internal and external stakeholders to develop such SOWs and ensure this to the best interest of Dyson.
- Degree in Engineering/Supply Chain management with 5-8 years’ experience within the procurement or manufacturing function.
- Strong commercial background within a Manufacturing/ Engineering environment.
- Experienced in dealing with EMS/CM/JDM/ODM vendors.
- good understanding and experience of Global procurement & legal regulations.
- Excellent communicator; able to present update and challengers in a clear and concise manner. In a spoken, written, and presentation setting.
- Excellent problem-solving skills that could be applied is various settings.
- Capable in planning and project management.
- Strong business acumen, excellent data analytics skills
- Comfortable with a fast-paced and intellectually challenging work environment, being resilient and able to handle pressure.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.