- China - Shanghai Office
Team: Communications and Government Affairs, Greater China
Location: China - Shanghai Office
Reporting Line: VP, Comms & GA
About the role:
Internal Communications at Dyson is all about creating that excitement, understanding and advocacy amongst our people. We know that communication has a real impact on employee engagement and can positively impact productivity and business performance.
As Internal Communications Manager, China, you can expect your role to typically involve some or all of the following:
- Embody the Dyson values, creating Authentic, Different and Pioneering communications that complement our internal strategy to inspire our people about Dyson’s technology, philosophy, leadership, and performance.
- Use investigative, copywriting, events, and storytelling skills to surface authentic, different, and pioneering stories from around Dyson – the right story on the right channel, at the right time.
- Use different channels to build understanding and focus on business priorities and provide support to key stakeholders on the messaging for all communications and announcements – helping them share news in a factual, engaging way with our people.
- Work with Greater China President and Leadership Team to amplify and put in context with internal communications efforts to help our people understand their contribution to the broader business strategy.
- Work in partnership with Dyson’s Product Communications team to understand our latest products and create an internal strategy for launches and ongoing product narratives.
- Work with the People team to build strategies for how we can engage our people, through recognition programmes, and other people-led initiatives, creating an environment where people feel energized and engaged in where the company is going and the role they can play and to create awareness of development opportunities.
- Play a key role within Dyson’s Global Internal Communications community - by leading with innovative campaigns and content and sharing good practices to the rest of the world. Support Hong Kong and Taiwan markets to ensure we are sharing consistent messaging with Dyson people.
- Use monitoring tools to measure internal communications and constantly learn from insight to improve how we communicate.
You will need to be confident and quick thinking, guiding our most senior leaders and our people through daily communication challenges, offering counsel to team and senior stakeholders.
You should be excited by our technology and relish the opportunity to explain it to anyone and everyone.
Experience of developing and implementing internal communication and employee engagement campaigns in a fast-paced organisation, with sensitivity to an organization’s goals and values and the ability to relay them to employees.
Outstanding understanding of internal communications and employee engagement, communications channels and digital tools, events, and the wider media landscape.
Advanced writing, editing and proofreading skills with a keen eye for a story and attention to detail, and excellent verbal communications skills with ability to present, listen and influence.
Event / project management experience and skills – knowing how to execute and run an event that is engaging and well organised, keeping a cool head under pressure and being able to change and pivot around challenges.
Tact and diplomacy in dealing with confidential issues.
Bachelor or above degree holder with 8 years of experience, line management experience preferred.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.