- United Kingdom - London Press Office
Dyson is a global research and technology company with engineering, research, development, manufacturing and testing operations in Singapore, the UK, Malaysia, Japan, the US, Mexico, China and the Philippines. Having started in a coach house in the UK, Dyson has consistently grown since it was established in 1993. Today, it has a global headquarters in Singapore and two technology campuses in the UK spanning over 800 acres in Malmesbury and Hullavington, alongside 10 engineering and research hubs around the world. Dyson remains family-owned and employs over 13,000 people globally including 6,000 engineers and scientists. It sells products in 84 markets internationally in over 340 Dyson Demo stores, as well as online through pioneering digital tools and virtual experiences.
Dyson is investing £2.75bn in the business to conceive revolutionary products and technologies. Dyson has global teams of engineers, scientists and software developers focused on the development of solid-state battery cells, high-speed electric digital motors, sensing and vision systems, robotics, machine learning technologies and A.I. investment. Since inventing the first cyclonic bagless vacuum cleaner - DC01- in 1993, Dyson has created problem solving technologies for haircare, air purification, robotics, lighting and hand drying.
About The Job
We are looking for a highly motivated and enterprising Office Coordinator who will be responsible for front of house and the efficient operation of Dyson’s London Press Office. As well as ensuring the space is well managed for the team and for high-profile visitors, they will support members of the Comms Leadership Team with administrative duties. The role will foster a vibrant, efficient, office environment, supporting creativity and innovation.
Office Management Accountabilities:
- Day-to-day: Ensure the day-to-day running of the London Press Office, including management of suppliers and contractors (cleaners, maintenance etc) receiving and dispatching post/deliveries and ensuring the space always achieves high operational and presentational standards. They will ensure the smooth running of IT and technology for meetings (including Board and Exec team meetings), the cleanliness and tidiness of meeting facilities and communal spaces, and running/stocking the kitchen and office facilities. This person will act as the principal estates point of contact and support incident response for the office when things don’t go to plan.
- Change: Working with the Workplace Management Team and Communications Management Team to ensure all change is seamlessly delivered within the workplace from a user perspective and ensure collaboration with key delivery partners (IT, Security, H&S etc.)
- Admin / Finance: Demonstrate financial awareness, support with admin as well as operational cost control/data requirements.
- Front of House, Stakeholder Management & Communication: Support and manage projects, events and visits – ensuring our visitors are well looked after at all times. Be the welcoming face of Dyson in the space. Support communications activity ensuring regular and positive communication with key stakeholders within the space and the wider Dyson community.
- Health, Safety & Security: Ensure compliance with and awareness of Health and Safety policy and drive a culture which prioritises it. Support the Health, Safety and Security team in completing workplace reviews/audits (where required).
Team Coordination Accountabilities:
- Co-ordinate and proactively manage the diary of key members of Comms Leadership Team as well as General administration to support the Communications Function including ad-hoc travel/expenses/room booking support.
- Administrative duties for Communication Directors including expenses claims and coordinating regular and complex travel itineraries including transport, accommodation, visa requirements etc.
- Provide BAU and project activities with administrative support – supplier management and raising POs, event coordination, etc.
- Coordinating and integrating activities and projects from across the function – ensuring efficiency and awareness of current and upcoming workload – bringing together the various teams that make up the Global Communications Team.
- Manage meetings: preparing reports, presentations and dashboards – sometimes at short notice. Booking rooms and venues as well as recording and communicating minutes and actions where required.
- Managing high volume inboxes by prioritising enquires, responding where appropriate and taking appropriate action.
- Coordinate global inductions for new starters, including procurement of IT equipment for new starters and visitors.
- Setting up suppliers and ensuring the prompt payment of including liaison with the accounts team.
- Management of licences and subscriptions e.g. NLA, CLA, newspapers.
- Undertake additional and or other responsibilities to meet business requirements.
- Manage multiple tasks and shifting priorities. Analytical thinker, organised and methodical
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to work under pressure
- Be willing to tackle any challenge, juggle priorities and time constraints, and meet fluctuating deadlines
- Strong IT skills to include MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint (intermediate level)
- Show the utmost discretion and professionalism at all times
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Able to prioritise high workload volumes and multitask where necessary
- Drive and enthusiasm to succeed and improve
- Strong team player but with the ability to work independently
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and display professionalism in order to gain stakeholder confidence.
- Experienced Coordinator
- Experience in managing, co-ordinating and administering teams and senior leaders
- Experience in working within a project team
Desired experience and knowledge:
- Previous experience in a similar environment and/or facility service
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Good IT skills – proficiency with Microsoft package software
- Decisive and willingness to show initiative
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety practices
- Strong administrator skills and experience in collating data in a reporting format
- 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays )
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Free lunches and hot drinks
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free Hair Salon
- Concierge service
- Electric vehicle lease scheme
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.