- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
- Hair Care is the fastest growing category in Dyson history, last year selling 4.3 machines a minute.
- Today Dyson employs over 6,000 engineers, hair scientists and stylists globally to drive our engineering of different, authentic, and pioneering solutions for pro stylists and self-stylers alike.
- In pioneering new technology, we continually challenge conventional thinking. The launch of the Dyson SupersonicTM hair dryer in 2016 brought much-needed innovation to the premium haircare sector, which had seen relatively little change since the electric handheld dryers of the 1960’s. The Dyson SupersonicTM hair dryer — with its new format, acoustics, attachments, and air multiplier technology — revolutionized the category. With the addition of the Dyson AirwrapTM styler in 2018, the Dyson CorraleTM straightener in 2020, and never satisfied with past success, Dyson engineers are continuously striving to advance engineering, bringing people better ways to style hair more healthily, across all hair types.
- Alongside this range of consumer technology, Dyson has engineered a suite of sister tools for Professional stylists – the Dyson SupersonicTM hair dryer Professional and Dyson CorraleTM straightener Professional. These tools feature the core tech of their consumer counterparts with additional features, engineered to elevate the machines for professional usage. These machines have made waves in many recognised professional environments, particularly backstage at Fashion Weeks globally, as well as achieving recognition from industry leading stylists.
About The Role
- As Communications Executive, you will focus on Dyson’s Hair Care category, supporting the Global Communications Manager in delivering the annual Hair Care Communications calendar.
- The role is responsible for assisting the development and delivery of strategic campaigns to solidifying Dyson’s position as the No.1 beauty portfolio in the world. Campaigns will include both NPD and Non-NPD campaigns, ultimately executed by Communications Teams in 35+ markets.
- The majority of your time will focus on Hair Care, however there will be occasional calls to support other categories when capacity demands.
- Dyson is a dynamic place to work. To succeed, you will be a solutions focused, team player with a positive outlook! You must be ready to roll up your sleeves, embrace tasks of all levels, with agility.
- You must be open to change in Dyson’s ever-evolving environment, demonstrating the flexibility to pivot and prioritise at pace. A self-starter with superior self-management skills, you will have the ability to juggle a high-volume workload and independently identifying priorities and addressing tasks with a solutions focused mindset.
- A resilient individual you will have the composure and confidence to deliver under pressure.
- Strong understanding of the beauty, wellness, and technology industry, including an awareness of Dyson’s competitor landscape and trends within the beauty world.
- Be a warm, approachable, and ambitious character able to build a robust network across the business with ease and without ego. You will have confidence and composure to command respect from colleagues and markets, through a collaborative, supportive and understanding approach. Relationships with cross functional stakeholders and markets will be central to this role.
- Meticulously organised and a dependable pair of hands. You will be the go-to for quick fire requests and day-to-day administration requests for Hair Care. You must be happy to get stuck into the dirty work as eagerly as you are the more attractive elements of your role.
- Be eloquent in your communications. You will bring strong writing skills with the ability to adapt tone and style for a variety of asset types, from press releases and pitching narratives, to scripts, Newsroom features, briefing documents and beyond.
- Ability to develop decks with high level attention to detail. You have an innate ability to present information clearly with fluency in PowerPoint. You will be capable of presenting your work in a Dyson template to a standard that is understandable to many markets and stakeholders across the business without the need for designer input.
- Input into hair care strategies, focusing on telling the stories of Dyson’s problem-solving products and engineering philosophy, guided by the Global Communications Manager.
- A clear understanding of the media and influencer landscapes, particularly relating to beauty, able to make recommendations for how Dyson can engage such targets.
- Be curiously creative, you will have a track record in crafting great stories – Not only do you have great ideas, but you know how to refine them to be on-brand and product-focused.
- Understand the role of social and owned channels, able to recommend how these channels can strategically integrate within Communications. You will be required to collaborate with other functions to execute campaigns across the Dyson Paid, Owned and Earned ecosystem including the Newsroom, @dysonhair and @dysonhairpro social channels, as well as consulting on content for feature within CRM.
- Provide a trusted consultancy to Dyson Communications teams in markets, supporting local communications counterparts with the onward roll out and best-in class delivery of your strategies. You will provide on-call and proactive counsel to markets, on-hand to ensure global consistency of execution.
- Analyse and deliver campaign reporting, measured against KPIs. This includes drawing insight led conclusions to present back to the wider business and fold such learnings back into future campaigns.
- Occasionally work outside of standard working hours and flexible to travel around the UK / globally for events, as required.
- Prior experience in PR, preferably within the beauty, lifestyle or tech arenas
- Evidence of strong written communications
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related subject and/or 5+ years’ experience in a communications role – either in-house or agency
- A positive attitude and a problem-solving approach
- Based from Dyson Technology Campus, Malmesbury, Wiltshire, SN16 0RP with occasional visits to the Dyson London Press Office and other Dyson Campuses when required.
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
- On-site parking
- Endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Free on-site hair salon
- On-site lifestyle Assist
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
- Fertility treatment support
- On-site gym and sports center
- On-site wellbeing center
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.