- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is embarking on the most exciting period in its history: we are launching radically new products, underpinned by fundamentally new technology, conceived in exciting new spaces, such as our growing Malmesbury and Hullavington Campus. Add to that the plan to recruit more than 2,000 engineers, scientists and data experts globally this year alone. Telling our story proactively is more important than ever and we want to do so in new ways, reaching new audiences.
About The Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and skilled Communications Executive to join the external communications team working on Dyson’s reputation storytelling. The role is instrumental in protecting and promoting Dyson’s global reputation and will be involved in a variety of projects and narratives, from Dyson’s good works to new technology to farming. We are looking for someone who is confident and creative, with the ability to work efficiently, independently, in a team and with a wide range of projects, stakeholders and deadlines.
You should be excited by Dyson’s mission and relish the opportunity to explain it to anyone and everyone. You will have energy and thrive in a fast-paced, results-focused culture, and live Dyson’s problem-solving approach. You will embody Dyson's values, creating Authentic, Different and Pioneering communications that complement our strategy to inspire people about Dyson’s technology, philosophy and our stories.
A key member of the Communications team: planning, creating and delivering communication campaigns and content across all our channels.
Work closely with the Internal comms team to ensure Reputation projects and stories are told to Dyson people effectively.
Media monitoring, analysis and reporting of external reputational announcements and stories across news, social media and broadcast channels.
- Real drive to learn and hone your communications skills.
- You might have 1-2 years of experience, but if not, you will have shown enthusiasm for getting involved in communications.
- Great writing and editing skills with a keen eye for a story and attention to detail.
- A creative mind – not afraid to question things and try something new.
- Excellent verbal communications skills with ability to present, listen and influence.
- Strong organisational skills – planning and attention to detail working on multiple projects at any one time.
- Eager to build and foster vital relationships across functions and markets.
- Some knowledge of communications channels and social media.
- Team player who can stay calm, logical and confident under pressure.
- Able to adapt to changing situations and demonstrate critical judgement.
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Private Medical insurance
- On-site gym
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.