- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
We are looking for an exceptional Communications Executive to advance Dyson’s story in South East Asia (SEA) and share important updates with Dyson People. The role is instrumental in keeping people across Malaysia and SEA on-top of our Blueprint (our annual strategy), sharing stories that bring to life our culture and communicating news, both good and bad.
The successful candidate will join our SEA Communications team and be based in Malaysia, focusing mainly on internal communications but supporting external communications.We cherish the culture and philosophy instilled by James Dyson and our inventive engineers, while constantly tuning our approach for the reality of a complex, rapidly growing, global business. We need someone who is not afraid to challenge the norm, who can distil a message, and who pulls off the odd magic trick. You will need to be confident and quick thinking, guiding our most senior leaders and our people through the daily challenges, while planning for the future.
You should be excited by our technology and relish the opportunity to explain it to anyone and everyone. You have energy and enthusiasm for a fast-paced, results-focused culture, and live Dyson’s problem-solving approach.
You will have an outstanding understanding of communications channels, the media landscape and the ability to tell inspiring stories is a given.
- Reporting to the Communications Manager, you will support Dyson’s internal communications programme in SEA to inspire our people about Dyson’s technology, philosophy, leadership and performance.
- You will develop and execute our internal communications calendar, content and platforms of communication - including daily intranet updates, strategic announcements, product launches, monthly company meetings across our 4 SEA sites, as well as people and supplier events.
- You will provide communications counsel and guidance to all levels of the organisation – from senior leaders to the Malaysia business functions (including HR) to employee groups – on the messaging for organisation-wide announcements, strategic initiatives and change management.
- You will work with key leaders to organise internal activities that have a cultural relevance and enhance the employee experience of Dyson people, including the Family Day, Year End Party and external talks.
- You will work hand-in-hand with communications representatives from Group and in other markets to ensure we have consistent internal communications and tone of voice across Dyson spaces. Bring the global Dyson narrative and tone to Dyson people.
- You will support the SEA Communications team with PR activity.
- You will report to the SEA Communications team on weekly priorities and quarterly objectives.
- You will undertake a continuous programme of improvement for the team and our key stakeholders.
- You will manage the internal communications budget for Malaysia.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- You will demonstrate strong project management skills: with outstanding organisational and planning skills.
- You will support alignment of align your team’s objectives with that of the wider business.
- You’ll need to build relationships quickly and be able to influence multiple stakeholders to achieve your objectives.
- You’ll have the utmost discretion and be calm, logical, and confident – comfortable communicating with all levels and able to instil confidence.
- You will be self-motivated, able to work autonomously: a do-er, reliable, and with excellent writing and presentation skills.
- You will support and promote your team internally.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of experience developing and implementing internal communications campaigns in a large, fast paced organisation. Experience in technology or health and beauty is preferred. You will have relevant experience managing campaigns and announcements from start to finish.
In addition you will likely have:
• A Bachelor’s degree.
• Strong English and Malay and a range in other language skills.
• Experience engaging across stakeholders and borders, building lasting relationships
• Ability to influence and engage people up, down, and across the organisation.