- London - United Kingdom
The candidate will be excited by technology which can change lives, and relish the opportunity to explain it to anyone and everyone. They will have energy and enthusiasm for a fast-paced, result focused culture, and will share Dyson’s problem-solving approach.
Having an outstanding understanding of the media and an innate ability to tell inspiring stories is taken as a given. The candidate will work in a way that inspires and motivates colleagues to also achieve unrivalled coverage.
About the role
- Work with the GB&I Senior PR Manager to implement the market’s communications strategy by helping to surface interesting stories, supporting the sale of Dyson products and our wider growth ambitions.
- Manage campaigns from start to finish, ensuring that our good news is maximised across the market and timed for success. You will be responsible for pitching to corporate and consumer journalists and managing influencer relationships, then reporting back on coverage achieved.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the media, how it relates to Dyson, and how it differs across markets - importantly how we can have the biggest impact in the news cycle.
- Provide press office administrative support to the GB&I team where appropriate.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience in developing communications campaigns in a large, fast paced, technology based company. They will have relevant experience of working on campaigns and announcements from start to finish.
- They will have impeccable verbal and written communications skills with experience of working in or directly with the media.
- We will be looking for examples of where candidates have demonstrated skill and aptitude in proactively building relationships with, and influencing, top tier reporters and editors in order to successfully positioning subject matter.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Perfect English and a range other language skills.
- Demonstrable ability to engage across borders, building lasting relationships.
- Ability to effect change - at both a people and process level.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage people up, down, and across the organization.
- Understanding and passion for technology, design and engineering.
- Excellent storytelling ability, good instinct, brilliant interpersonal skills and robust commercial understanding.
- Ability to inspire and manage people, with varying complex challenges, spread across geographies and time zones.
- Calm under pressure, resilient and with a track-record of good judgement, and an ability to get things done.
- Unafraid to challenge, be challenged, and ask/answer difficult questions.
- Willingness to admit when they are wrong and accept an alternative strategy.
- Tenacity and persistence in pursing answers to problems and comfortable with change and ambiguity.
- An ability to influence at the highest levels through clear, informed and logical argument and discussion, tempered by a sense of humour.
- The utmost discretion: tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential issues and situations.
- Cultural awareness and experience of the nuances of working in a European context.
- Fastidious in organisation and an eye for the detail.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.