- Graduates, Interns and Apprentices
- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood with an additional office located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the Role:
You won’t just be an intern, you’ll be a key member of the Dyson team. You can expect to be tasked with project(s) that capitalize on your existing skills and stretch you out of your comfort zone. Your daily responsibilities will differ depending on the team you are on and the variety of business-critical projects means that no two roles will be alike, but you could expect some of the following responsibilities:
- Support the day-to-day communications responsibilities of the Americas market, working under the direction of the Communications team.
- Lead on reporting activities such as daily clips emails and coverage tracking reports.
- Assist with execution of press and influencer events and product communications campaigns.
- Identify influencers and lead communication strategy initiatives.
- Analyze market insights and provide summaries of key findings and trends to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including finance and sales, to coordinate on business initiatives.
- Develop deep familiarity across product categories and be part of the process of disseminating insights, data and knowledge to key stakeholders.
- Contribute to a multitude of projects that emerge in a fast-paced environment.
- Become an expert in Dyson products and the way we portray our brand.
- Work with fellow interns and US Leadership Team on cross-functional project, presented to key stakeholders throughout the program.
- Rising undergraduate senior or graduate student (expected to graduate in Spring 2022).
- Some business knowledge through coursework and/or other internship experiences.
- Willing to relocate to Chicago with the possibility of travel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Able to write concise, engaging and informative copy.
- Storytelling. You love to tell rich, engaging stories and have a knack for identifying what will resonate with specific people and audiences.
- Project management, organizational, and time management skills. We move fast and do a lot of things at Dyson! The ability to balance multiple projects, campaigns and other duties – while making deadlines – is essential.
- Flexibility. Agility is incredibly important at Dyson because we are always moving so quickly. It’s crucial for the individual in this role to be comfortable changing courses quickly and efficiently to achieve desired outcomes.
- Team work and collaboration. Able to build and maintain effective working relationships and work cooperatively with others as part of a team.
- Proactive and a doer. While working with others is a vital part of the role, we also need to be able to work autonomously and take the initiative to identify work that needs to be done and ways to support the team.
- Creativity. Demonstrates imagination, creativity and divergent thinking and applies these skills when solving problems.
- Passion. You have a passion for and deep understanding/appreciation of media, technology, beauty and health. And, of course, Dyson.
- Education curriculum focused in a communications related field
- Intermediate to advanced skills with MS office and Outlook
- Previous internship experience with technology or consumer companies and/or in similar communications functions
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.