- United Kingdom - London Press Office
We are looking for someone who is excited to tell Dyson’s stories to the world. The ideal candidate is likely to work in communications or the media with several years’ experience.
They will be enthusiastic about Dyson, extremely capable and have a strong understanding of how to tell a story – via traditional media or through digital platforms. They will know how to find and tell positive stories proactively and how to bring them to life for different audiences. They will have a good and growing list of contacts in the media.
The ideal candidate will be able to grasp the breadth and complexity of what our business does, but communicate that simply and effectively in an exciting way, covering the full gamut of our offering – our products, technologies, people, places, and our philosophy.
They will have excellent organisational skills, be used to working to tight deadlines and competing priorities. They will have the ability to deal effectively with colleagues across the business at all levels. Most importantly, they will know how to find the stories that set Dyson apart and how to communicate those stories to the world in a way that benefits the business both reputationally and, ultimately, commercially.
About the role
- You will help us to shape the best possible strategy for corporate communications based on building, enhancing and protecting Dyson’s global reputation.
- Working with other parts of the organisation, you will build and protect Dyson’s reputation as a leading global technology company and employer of choice in the UK and globally.
- You will discover the stories that set Dyson apart, whether in our research and development or other parts of our business, and Dyson Farming.
- Support in monitoring, analysing and responding to media coverage related to Dyson in a timely way, including incident and reputation management.
- Assist with a programme of proactive engagement with journalists to ensure consistently high-level coverage – with a focus on quality, rather than quantity.
- Work with the Director of Corporate Affairs and Reputation and other colleagues to identify emerging issues and opportunities facing the organisation and design strategies to manage their impact including crisis management.
- Additional responsibility for mentoring graduates in the Communications team.
- The role is to be based in Dyson's London Press Office or our Malmesbury Campus.
Key skills and attributes:
- Outstanding experience in communications – either in-house, in an agency or as a journalist.
- Excellent writing, editing and communications skills.
- Ability to build and effect change – at both a people and process level.
- Ideally, experience working internationally.
- Demonstrated skill building relationships with media, and in successfully positioning subject matter to achieve impact.
- Experience advising senior executives on how to communicate their vision and narratives in a way that positively impacts reputation.
- Experience in managing a media relations strategy to advance an organisation’s mission and goals.
- Excellent management skills; ability to influence and engage people up, down, and across the organisation.
- Proven experience in project management
- 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays )
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Free lunches and hot drinks
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free Hair Salon
- Concierge service
- Electric vehicle lease scheme
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.