- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
We are looking for someone to tell stories with us, and help execute our communications plans across Great Britain and Ireland. The successful candidate will have outstanding relationships with top tier beauty and wellness media in the UK and ideally across the region. They will be hands on: helping support an in-house media relations team in the UK. They will have an innate ability to tell inspiring stories in the health and beauty space, weaving together multiple narratives, and a leadership style that inspires and motivates their team to achieve unrivalled performance.
- Support the Senior Comms Manager to help execute and implement the communications strategy for Great Britain & Ireland with a focus on telling stories around our problem solving core technology, our products, our people and places and the Dyson philosophy. Ultimately we want to promote the good news, and manage the bad to inspire other influential people to spread the word on our behalf.
- Lead as the ‘go-to’ person for health and beauty media relations, handling key editors and influencer/VIPs to help secure gold-tier coverage amongst our target publications.
- Oversee a programme of proactive media activity maximizing each and every narrative to build Dyson’s reputation as a global technology company and support the sale of our technology.
- Manage the monitoring, analysis and response to press coverage and social media interactions across the region on a timely reactive basis.
- Manage a programme of proactive engagement with journalists across a spectrum of media across the region to ensure consistently high level coverage - with a focus on quality, rather than quantity.
- Work with the GB&I leadership team to identify emerging issues and opportunities facing the organization and design strategies to manage their impact including crisis management.
- Help mentor the UK media relations team and additional responsibility for mentoring graduates in the Communications team.
- Support the Senior Comms Manage on the PR budget to ensure we have the tools and resource to have unrivalled communications
SkillsWe know who we are, we are looking for someone who can help up to shape the best strategy based on Dyson’s many and varied narratives.
They will have a detailed knowledge of UK media and an awareness of the media landscape in the region. They will have experience of working across borders, having held senior level roles either in house, agency side, or media side.
The ideal candidate will have had experience advising senior executives on how to communicate their vision and narratives.
In addition they will likely have:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Solid experience in communications role – either in-house, agency side or as a journalist.
- Demonstrable ability to engage across borders, building lasting relationships.
- Ability to build and effect change - at both a people and process level.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements.
- Evidence of experience in managing a media relations strategy to advance an organization’s mission and goals
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage people up, down, and across the organization.
- Understanding and passion for Dyson technology, design and engineering and a sense of what makes Dyson and its people tick.
- Excellent storytelling ability, brilliant interpersonal skills and robust commercial understanding.
- Ability to inspire and manage large team, with varying complex challenges, spread across geographies and time zones.
- Calm under pressure, resilient and with a track-record of good judgement, and an ability to get things done.
- Unafraid to challenge, be challenged, and ask/answer difficult questions.
- Willingness to admit when they are wrong and accept an alternative strategy.
- Tenacity and persistence in pursing answers to problems and comfortable with change and ambiguity.
- An ability to influence at the highest levels through clear, informed and logical argument and discussion, tempered by a sense of humour
- The utmost discretion: tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential issues and situations.
- Cultural awareness and experience of the nuances of working in a European context.
- Fastidious in organisation and with vision and purposes as well as an eye for the detail.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines