- Base + performance based bonus + competitive benefits
The position is to develop good relations with senior decision makers and leading industry experts at relevant government bodies and institutions promoting Dyson, its technology, the health credentials behind its machines and spreading awareness of its social responsibility through the James Dyson Award.
The role will require an ability to blend engagement with formal government institutions and media flexibly, showing a desire to deliver coverage results. Whatever the scale of the assignment you’ll be taking a strategic lead, collaborating with experts from different areas internal to Dyson and external – and ensuring we are telling the most compelling stories about Dyson, our machines and our responsibility to the Taiwan market.
We’ll give you responsibility from the outset. It’s up to you to create the climate for success by trying new things, setting high standards and sticking to them.
The role will be a standalone function in Taiwan and will be split across three pillars of activity with government institutions being a theme that runs throughout.
- Raise awareness of Dyson’s story, Dyson technology and Dyson’s presence in Taiwan through a programme of continuous messaging.
- Build and maintain relationships with media in Taiwan, including print, online, and bloggers. Frequent person to person meetings will take place both in Shanghai and other Taiwan cities as required.
- Seek and develop PR opportunities across all media, partnerships and channels.
- Understand the media landscape by reading relevant media and social sources to develop a good understanding of the market place.
- Pitching both planned and reactive Dyson stories to media.
- Manage a list of seeding locations. Amplifying stories where appropriate.
- Manage influencers across Dyson’s range of technology. Influencers are broadly defined to include Doctors and hospitals as part of Dyson’s scientific credentialing programmes, to celebrities or high net worth individuals.
- You will identify KOLs, build Dyson’s pool of contacts, and manage them as part of an ongoing network of influencers. The vast majority of these KOLs will be engaged without monetary payment.
- Produce Taiwan specific content in the form of press releases, interviews, Q&As, online content, event materials, etc.
- Create and develop news stories to secure further press coverage.
- Fulfil media requests in a timely, deadline-sensitive manner.
- Monitor and report competitor activity and relevant industry trends, events and opportunities to appropriate teams.
- Handle PR admin including building and maintaining media lists, collating coverage, managing resources such as keeping files and templates in order.
- Complete monthly coverage reports and post-campaign reports for all major launches.
- Monitor, analyse and report PR results.
- Responsibility for budgetary administration, working closely with the Communications teams and finance teams.
- Plan and manage media events from start to finish. Responsibilities include;
- Deduce event core messages and goals.
- Finding and training suitable spokesperson.
- Content creation, scripts, presentations, takeaways, biographies.
- Source and manage event location and props.
- Manage event budgets
- Inviting media
- Support in developing PR strategy for Taiwan with Head of Communications.
- Liaise with global counterparts to leverage PR strategies, materials and execution.
- Develop and support internal communications activities
- Liaise with global counterparts to ensure internal communication consistency with the rest of the Dyson world and leverage materials and execution ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience or more.
- Experience with influencer engagement as well as day to day press relations
- Work experience in the Taiwan with a network of contacts
- Strong understanding of the media landscape.
- High awareness of local and cultural nuances.
- Strong verbal communications skills.
- Strong written skills; ability to write concise, engaging and when appropriate witty copy.
- Strong networking skills.
- Strong project management, organisational and planning skills.
- Strong time management skills needed to balance multiple projects, campaigns and administrative duties.
- Strong English skills.
- A doer- not afraid to try new things and get stuck in.
- Persuasive, articulate, personable – a clear communicator.
- Creative and insightful - creating new ideas to engage media.
- Tenacious - determined to develop solutions and deliver results.
- A fast learner and quick to adapt.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Business savvy -understands how PR acts as a vehicle to support the China business win.
- A multitasker, excellent at prioritisation, comfortable handling and implementing many projects concurrently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office where priorities can change.