- Singapore - Singapore
The Communications Manager will develop and execute communications plans to cover a range of proactive and reactive situations affecting the reputation of the Dyson Business and the Family Office. They will have a deep knowledge of the political and media cycle in order to spot developing opportunities and threats so that they can respond in a timely and strategic manner.
The successful candidate will have outstanding relationships with top tier media in Singapore and across the region especially in Malaysia and Philippines. They will have an innate ability to tell inspiring stories, build relationships, advise and influence at the highest levels in order to manage complex reputation risks, and proactively articulate narratives which convey our plans and ambitions.
- Storytelling: Devise and implement high quality external communications strategies focused on telling stories around our technology, our machines, our people and places and the Dyson philosophy.
- Reputation Communications: Reputation defence and enhancement including issue management, horizon scanning and planning.
- Media Handling: Manage a programme of proactive and reactive engagement with journalists across a spectrum of media to ensure consistently high level coverage - with a focus on quality, rather than quantity.
- Media Monitoring: Stay abreast of current affairs to identify opportunities and risks for Dyson and the Dyson Family. Manage real-time media monitoring and reputation analysis, reporting issues, coverage, and recommendations in a timely manner.
- Spokesperson Briefing: Advising and briefing spokespeople on proactive and reactive media opportunities.
- Incident management: responsible for ensuring that systems, plans, protocols, holding statements are in place to anticipate and address incidents.
- A detailed knowledge of Singapore media across all platforms.
- Experience of working in house, agency side, or media side. Ideally, you will also have experience of working across borders in a global company, especially with media in Malaysia and Philippines.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Creative and insightful - developing new ideas to engage media.
- Calm under pressure, resilient and with a track-record of good judgement, and an ability to get things done.
- Ability to build and effect change - at both a people and process level.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in building relationships with top tier reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements.
- Evidence of experience in managing a comprehensive communications program to advance an organisation’s mission and goals.
- Superior people management skills; ability to influence and engage people up, down, and across the organisation in order to bring about change.
- Strong project management, organisational and planning skills.
- Experience in advising senior executives on how to communicate their vision and narratives.
- An understanding and passion for technology, design and engineering.
- Excellent storytelling ability, brilliant interpersonal skills and robust commercial understanding.
- Tenacity and persistence in pursing answers to problems and comfortable with change and ambiguity.