- Singapore - Singapore
We are looking for someone to tell stories with us, and lead our communications plans across Singapore. The successful candidate will have outstanding relationships with top tier media in Singapore and ideally across the SEA region. You will be hands on and have an innate ability to tell inspiring stories, build relationships, advice and influence at the highest levels in order to manage the product focused communications in the markets. You will have an innate ability to tell inspiring stories, weaving together multiple narratives.
- Devise and implement the communications strategy for Singapore with a focus on telling stories around our problem solving core technology, our products, our people and places and the Dyson philosophy. Ultimately we want to promote the good news, and manage the bad to inspire other influential people to spread the word on our behalf.
- Oversee a programme of proactive media activity maximizing each and every narrative to build Dyson’s reputation as a global technology company and support the sale of our technology.
- Manage the monitoring, analysis and response to press coverage and social media interactions across the region on a timely reactive basis.
- Manage a programme of proactive engagement with journalists across a spectrum of media across the region to ensure consistently high level coverage - with a focus on quality, rather than quantity.
- Work with the SEA leadership team to identify emerging issues and opportunities facing the organization and design strategies to manage their impact including crisis management.
- Manage the PR budget to ensure we have the tools and resource to have unrivaled communications
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Perfect English and a range of other language skills.
- Experience in communications role – either in-house, agency side or as a journalist.
- Demonstrable ability to engage across borders, building lasting relationships.
- Ability to build and effect change - at both a people and process level.
- A detailed knowledge of Singapore media across all platforms.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements.
- Evidence of experience in managing a media relations strategy to advance an organization’s mission and goals
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage people up, down, and across the organization.