- United Kingdom - London Press Office
Communications Manager – Haircare & Environmental Care
Based: Malmesbury, UK or London, UK – with frequent travel to Malmesbury, Wiltshire
Reports into: Senior Communications Manager
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge - more categories, more locations and more people.
Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do. And across our support teams, we’re proud to be different. And importantly, we support change to maintain our rapid growth. From our Finance and Security teams, through to Legal, Communications and our People function, we’re focused on delivering an unsurpassed service across the entire business.
Our Communications team creates and manages our narrative. Working closely with senior stakeholders, they deploy our stories strategically through press, online media and internal comms to build our reputation. Our high-profile reputation helps grow our business by indirectly selling our technology and positions Dyson as a great place to work. The team is responsible for a range of communications from public relations and business, products and launches to internal messaging and events.
About the role
What we’re looking for: A dynamic and well-organised Communications Manager for Haircare & Environmental Care, to develop and execute integrated communications plans that position Dyson as the leader across both product categories. Bringing to life our technology, science, engineering and design credentials to produce creative, high impact media and social campaigns. This role can be based in London or Malmesbury - if in London 1-2 days a week will be based in Malmesbury.
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as the expert for the Global comms team on key areas of responsibility, including maintaining Haircare and Environmental Core messages and content on an ongoing basis
- Support development and handling of international press kits and delivery of key assets to markets.
- With an emphasis on ‘always on’ content, the individual will support a continuous stream of tactical pitch inspirations to allow markets to talk to media and influencers on a year round basis - based on a strong editorial calendar.
- Support creation of compelling, original content for external communication that is tuned for Dyson’s key regions.
- Integrated 360 comms: work toward delivering communications strategies around Dyson’s product categories that draw on the know-how of R&D and combine it with creative stakeholders and partners ranging from CRM, Social and Digital to deploy in a 360 way.
- Delivery: develop and execute programmatic activities through Communications materials, press and social media, and ensure a varied and high impact calendar of events which don’t just rely on NPD.
- Storytelling: conceptualise and create compelling narratives and a variety of communications materials for internal and external audiences
- Impact and influence: develop and execute well thought through strategies which positively raise the profile of Dyson within the markets they are deployed, reinforcing Dyson’s technology credentials and key messages relating to beauty, health, tech and overall wellbeing.
- Events: support market teams ensuring the events are well attended and high impact while adhering to global guidelines, influencing media and KOLs and supporting commercial objectives along the way
- Measurement: Measuring and analysing success to ensure continuous improvement
- Experience in communications and marketing disciplines
- Cross-functional campaign management: experience of operating within cross-functional communications campaigns.
- Multi-platform: Experience working across a range of multi-media channels with competency in digital marketing and social media.
- Project management skills: including experience of working across complex multi-stakeholder initiatives and a basic appreciation of the resource planning process
- Strong presentation and executional skills
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre (Wiltshire based)
- Free on-site parking (Wiltshire based)
- Subsidised café and restaurants (Wiltshire based)
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free lunch
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.